Lifeclan And Deathclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games 2

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

501Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Tue May 30, 2017 6:42 pm

wills

wills

A speck of light drowned out the disturbing memories. As a child, Piper would stow a collection of movies under her bed. During the late hours of the evening, she would stay up way past her bedtime to relive the glorious films. All were based on fiction; perhaps that was the reason why she was so drawn to them. Reality was distasteful by comparison. However, the joy etched upon her features disintegrated as Aurora scrambled to reach the pair. No words managed to fall from her lips, for she had no way of describing the horrific event. "No," she refused, recalling the tracker they had managed to place. Her skin burned from where they had implanted the device. However, her rising adrenaline masked the dull ache. "Go, just you two. I will distract them," she insisted, wrenching her wrist free and shoving them along. The panic gleamed in Piper's eyes. "Rora," she began to protest, but she was only met with a bullet whizzing by her head and narrowly missing. Ann could detect the warring emotions displayed across his features; their bond was unbreakable. Perhaps they couldn't read each other's thoughts, no matter how intriguing such a phenomenon would be, but they could comprehend the other's emotions. In the end, she knew that she would win this battle. A sigh of relief slipped from her lips as she gripped the smooth paper. A grand weight had been lifted from her nimble shoulders, fending off the uneasy thoughts. "You have helped enough D," she assured him. Offering a weak smile, she rose to her feet and spared a glimpse around the disheveled office. "You should take a break sometime. A vacation would help," she noted, her eyes dropping to meet his own. If she could coax the family into departing before all hell broke loose, perhaps they wouldn't be in the crossfire.

502Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon didn't know the seriousness of the situation until he heard the sound of the gunfire and the bullet flying right past Piper. Then he knew it was serious. "Piper, I am going to take you out to the car, then I'm coming back for you Aurora, okay," he said before grabbing Piper's hand and starting to run. He wouldn't give either of them time to argue. There was no way that he was going to let either of them get hurt. He would feel complete responsibility for any harm that came to them. He rushed as quickly as he could to his car, opening the door for her and setting her in. "Hide on the floor and don't make a sound. Lock the doors and don't let anyone in. There is a loaded gun in the glove box," he said, preparing to run back to get Aurora. Dimitri took a long sip of his coffee, but he knew it wouldn't be enough. He wanted something stronger, bu he wouldn't risk making Lindi mad. It was bad enough that he couldn't seem to make his daughter happy. It seemed that she hated him. That was why he was working himself to death. He wanted to distract himself from the fact that he was being a horrible father. At the suggestion of a vacation, Dimitri couldn't help but laugh. "A president never rests," he said simply, the ghost of a smile coming onto his lips. He wouldn't mind doing something for the rest of the family, though. "I may let Lindi and the kids have their own little weekend getaway, but right now isn't a good time to have a vacation," he said, but he knew that he said that every time someone suggested he take a break. He was a Sherwood. Breaks were not in is vocabulary.

503Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:06 pm

wills

wills

Bullets soared throughout the air, puncturing trash cans and discarded plates that littered the premises. A solemn expression was plastered upon Aurora's face as Piper stole a glimpse back to examine her sister; her eyes expressed what words could not. As they hustled to the vehicle, Piper tuned out the explosions shooting across the distance. If she dwelled on the matter, memories would clog her thoughts, and she wouldn't be able to defend herself. Dunking into the vehicle, she calmed her racing heart with a few uneven breaths. Before Leon could rush off, she captured his wrist between her slender fingertips. Worry and apprehension glistened in her gaze. "Please, be careful," she urged. She then fumbled for the gun, concealed in the glove compartment. The weapon gave her a sense of purpose and eased her mind. Perhaps she could be powerful and capable, just as Astrid was. Sparing a glimpse over her shoulder, Ann suppressed an exasperated sigh. She meandered over to the frames littering the office. Her fingertips roamed along the smooth exterior, arousing dust from a mere brush of her fingers. "You are missing the point, Dimitri," she whispered, swiping one of the lone portraits, one of the two of them. The pair were much younger; the picture was seemingly taken a lifetime ago. "You rarely spend time with your family anymore, and don't blame the fact that you are the president. If you need a break, you can take it. There are plenty of people that can run Panem while you are gone. So what's holding you back?"

504Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:19 am

squid.

squid.

The ever growing sound of bullets made Leon even more nervous. He hoped and prayed that Piper would be okay. She didn't seem nervous at all with the gun. In fact, it seemed to help a lot. He was proud of her. He was about to spit off, but he felt her hand on his. He turned around, pulling her into a kiss. It was quick, brief, but it meant the world to him. "I'll be careful, I promise," he said. With that, he closed the door and sprinted back off into the park. Chaos surrounded him, it seemed. "Aurora!" he called, looking around for her desperately. He was doing all of this for Piper. She needed her sister with her. The sound of bullets seemed to ring in his ears the farther away from the car he got. He had to be quick. Piper was in danger too. The one person that could read Dimitri Sherwood like a book was Ann Sherwood. She was the only one that could do it. Somehow, she knew every single thought that went into and out of his mind. He watched her for a moment as she looked at all the pictures he had hanging up on the wall. Why was it so far to just live a normal life? It was what he had fought for. "Damnit Ann," he whispered, "I'm doing just what I told myself I would never ever do. I'm just like dad. I-I haven't even noticed that I've neglected Peyton. Not until now, and it's too little too late. I've tried to talk to her, but I always say the wrong things. I guess I'm more like Dad than either of us thought," he said. Why was it so hard for him to connect with Peyton. These stupid games. That stupid war! This stupid job! "I can't make it up to her, Ann. She hates me." Dimitri didn't even know that he was crying until he felt the cold tear slip down his cheek.

505Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:53 pm

wills

wills

Cans popped in the distance as bullets penetrated the aluminum. Wood splintered, sending dust particles dancing all about. Mayhem, the world was in mayhem. Vehicles wove throughout the parking lot before swerving onto the vacated streets, surely surpassing the speed limits. Parents were grasping their children, demanding that they stay behind them, as if that simple order would save them. Leon's rushed words provided little comfort. She almost suggested that he stay, for he was trekking into the lion's den. Odds were, he wouldn't make it out alive. Yet, she were terrified of losing the sliver of family that she had left. All she could do was watch as Leon's figure dwindled, turning into a mere dot in the horizon. Rough hands grasped Aurora's slender arms, twining them behind her back as they urged her into a secluded alcove. She had suspected that they would capture her. If they couldn't swipe Piper, they would take the next best thing. Dusting off the scattered particles that clung to her nimble fingertips, Ann stole a solemn glance over at her brother, her twin. Loose tendrils had fallen from her ponytail, framing her features in coiled wisps. The broken incandescence of his voice tore at her heart strings, unveiling a sorrowful time. "She is a teenager, Dimitri, one who needs her father but is afraid to admit it," she whispered, glimpsing up at the endless family portraits. Twisting away from the scattered frames, she traced a path over to a brother and placed a hand upon his back. "It is never too late to mend your family, you know, but in order to do that, you have to step back and remember what a family is all about."

506Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 pm

squid.

squid.

Everyone seemed to be running in the opposite direction as Leon. Some people shoved past him, almost knocking him to the ground as he desperately tried to get inside of the park. He couldn't let Aurora get hurt. He would never forgive himself. "Aurora!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, finally being able to burst into the middle of the park. Where was she! He spun around a few times, trying to find any sign of her, but she was nowhere to be seen. This couldn't be happening...this couldn't be real. "Aurora!" he yelled once more, searching for her as much as he could. Piper would hate him if he couldn't find her. He wasn't going to stop looking until he found her. Dimitri looked up for a moment when he felt a light hand on his back. Ann almost seemed like his mother there for a moment. He listened closely to her advice, nodding his head for a moment. "It took me nearly dying for Dad and me to get on good terms. Multiple times. I-I just don't know how to fix what I've already done," he said as he ran both his hands through his hair. It was a wonder he wasn't bald yet. Remember what a family was all about. He had lost sight of that a long time ago. He always thought it was saving the people you loved, but he realized he had hurt them more by not being there. Was that why Lindi was so unhappy? Was that why Peyton hated him? "I just want my kids to be safe, and if it means they hate me, so be it. At least they will be alive," he whispered. He had so much work. "I have to figure out everything with the games and make sure it doesn't happen again. Ann...I'm so sorry I let this happen," he whispered.

507Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 am

wills

wills

Black. The world was black, excluding the light flickering through the parted fingers. The moment had been instantaneous. Time seemed to tick by at a slow rate, and she felt groggy, perhaps induced with a sedative that slowed her motions. However, Aurora possessed a sense of triumphant, for she ensured her sister's safety. Piper clutched the gun for dear life, peering out into the wasteland that was once the park grounds. Her heart hammered in her chest as she thrust the rusted door open. Queasy and uncertain, she trudged through the hectic place. The gun remained clutched tightly in her calloused grip. She had no idea how to use it, but if she needed to, she would shoot as if her life depended on it. Leon was taking much too long for her liking. She couldn't lose them, especially not the both of them. Winding an arm around Dimitri's shoulders, Ann inspected the aging man before her. Flecks of pepper gray danced across the thinning locks of hair. He resembled her father, withered and solemn as he fretted over his past mistakes. "You will think of something. You always do," she whispered, squeezing her brother's shoulder as if in reassurance. An exasperated sigh fell from Ann's lips regarding his following remark. "You can't protect them from everything, D," she countered, her eyes flitting out the window. "Boy have I learned that the hard way," she tacked on, the phrase slipped from her lips in a mere huff. A spark kindled in her gaze when the slur of apologies fell from his lips. A mixture of emotions melded together - pain, betrayal, heartache. "No, Dimitri, don't apologize. It is not your fault. You did not put those kids in that game. You would never, in a million years, have them go through what I did," she persisted, her voice stern and flat. Her outrage was not geared towards Dimitri, but the man who orchestrated the event; the same one who toyed with them as if they were puppets. Dominic.

508Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 am

squid.

squid.

Fear continued to grow in Leon's stomach the more he couldn't find Aurora. He was going to go crazy! Where was she and why couldn't he seem to find any trace of her! "Aurora! Say something! Anything!" he called out, nearly to the point of desperate tears. His searches didn't seem to be doing anything, and he hated to think that he wouldn't be able to find her. He couldn't do this to Piper. "Aurora!" he called out once more in hopes that he would finally get something back. Dimitri appreciated how Ann really thought that he could work through this all, but he was starting to doubt himself. Could he really do it? He wanted to be able to keep his family safe, but he wasn't even sure if he could do that. He hated feeling so helpless. "I can still try," he managed to say. He would keep hsi wife and his daughter and his son safe if it meant he distanced hismelf from them. He kept himself in his office all the time, but it was so they could all be safe. He paused a moment as she continued to tell him not to apologize. He was to blame, though. This hppened because he wasn't good enough. He wished she knew understand and look at it the way he did. "Thank you, Ann. Just...be safe with whatever you are doing," he said, his eyes drifting towards the paper in her hand. Whatever se ahd planned, he hoped it kept her safe and alive.

509Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:50 am

wills

wills

Suffocating. The compact space was suffocating her. Dropping from the old pickup, she hurried into the mayhem. A collection of colors melded together, blurring as she dashed across the crowded fairgrounds. Cans crackled underfoot, ringing in her ears as she shifted through the aimless bodies. "Leon!" Piper hollered, the single declaration vibrating throughout the air. The criminals hidden in the midst no longer frightened her. Adrenaline and panic drowned the erratic nerves. Clutching the pistol for dear life, she meandered through the piles of debris. A rush of relief washed over her as she spotted him in the distance. "Leon!" she called again, urgency and glee oozed throughout the simple declaration. Hurling herself into his arms, she pressed a demanding kiss upon his lips. "Are you all right? Did you find Rora?" An exasperated sigh traced the air; though, Ann decided to drop the subject for the time being. Roaming her nimble fingertips over the edge of the tinted paper, she managed to produce a weak smile. "When have you ever known me to be safe, Dimitri?" she inquired, an ounce of humor lacing about the words as she inched towards the door. "But I will do what I can," she tacked on, clutching the silver door handle between her fingertips. "We should catch up some time. I miss my big brother, you know."

510Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 am

squid.

squid.

Leon, only for a moment, thought that he was finally hearing Aurora call back, but when he heard the voice a second time, he recognized it. He started to panic a bit when he realized that Piper was out of the car. Was she okay? Did something happen? As the questions and worries ran through his mind, she launched herself into his arms, and he gladly held her. He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths as he tried to calm himself down. "I didn't find her, but if we look a little more, maybe we will be able to," he said. He couldn't just leave her like that. In the short time that he had known her, he cared for Aurora. Besides, she was Piper's sister. He had to. He took Piper's hand, looking back around the area, but there were no signs of her. Where had she gone to? It was almost as if she had just vanished into thin air. Dimitri had to admit, while the words had a joking tone, they still made him worry a bit because they were true, but she still planned on being safe. When she spoke once more, he felt a smile come to his face. It was true that the pair hadn't spent quality time together for quite a while. Things always seemed to get in the way, and as much as he didn't want to say it, it was usually Dimitri's job that got in the way. "Yeah, I miss you too, little sister," he said, the smile starting to come back to him. He hoped that they were able to spend more time together.

511Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:11 pm

wills

wills

A faint clang seeped about the land. The pistol glided through her fingertips and collided with the earth; clouds of dust clumped the space, swirling through the atmosphere before diminishing once more. Clinging onto Leon, she steadied her heavy breathing. Tears of pure terror glimmered in her gaze, threatening to spill upon her awaiting cheekbones. The piece of information extinguished the sliver of hope she had left. Her arms fell, resting limply at her sides; the joy had eased away, cast aside due to the desolate aura that spawned within an instant. "No," she refused, the hoarse syllable flowing freely; she fell to her knees, scouring the land to retrieve the gun. She felt defeated and outraged, a dangerous combination. "No," she repeated, her fist connecting with the loose soil; the simple act created a crater in the smooth surface. "They have her," she whispered, the realization striking her within an instant. She would not rest until she found them and ended it all, for good. A weak smile tweaked the corners of Ann's lips. Perhaps they would change the course of events over time; that is, after all this is said and done, she was alive and well. Dipping out of the house, she barreled out the door, the pink slip still in hand.

512Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 pm

squid.

squid.

It pained Leon more than anything to see the slow fall of her face at the news that he couldn't get her sister back. He just felt so stupid for not being able to get her. He could have done something more, but he hadn't. It was all his fault, and it hurt more than anything to know that. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close and pressing a kiss to her head. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. He would do everything that he possibly could to help find Aurora. "Who are they, Piper? Who are these people?" he asked. Could this have something to do with the day he found her? He never did pressure her to tell him what happened, so he didn't really know. What had happened to her? He was almost scared to know, really. Aspen glanced at the clock. While she expected Ann to take a little bit to talk to Dimitri, he thought she probably had the search warrant. 'Got it? We don't have much time,' he sent as a text. He needed to find some evidence, any evidence, that could bring Dominic to justice for what he did to his family.

513Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 pm

wills

wills

The tight embrace was welcoming, enfolding her in a layer of warmth. She pocketed the pistol; her bloused disguised the rising lump in her pocket, providing coverage. She would have her revenge and save her sister from the peril. Burrowing her face into the crook of his neck, she soaked in the ounce of comfort. The soothing declarations washed aside the desolate aura. "Don't blame yourself, Leon," she whispered, the words tracing the airstream. She was at fault, for she had escaped the prison, and now as punishment, they captured her sister. "Xander, Astrid's father, and Dominic Kenway," she revealed, the horror clouding her vision. They were determined to reclaim her because she knew the truth, and she had the potential of unveiling the true Dominic. If she had to, she was willing to sacrifice herself in order to protect her sister. Descending from the rickety porchsteps, Ann dunked into the car. A faint ring chorused about the space. She keyed in a quick response, 'Got it. Didn't tell D. The less he knows, the better.'

514Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon knew the moment that she spoke that he had been right. Whatever had happened to her before he met her was directly linked to her sister's kidnapping. He didn't blame her, though. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug, though her words seemed to shock him the more he thought about them. "Dominic Kenway? But wasn't he one of the god guys?" he asked. That was what he learned, though. Dominic was on the side of the rebel and helped win the war, so why was he doing this? Although, if it was true, it made perfect sense as to why he took Aurora. Piper had information that he didn't want to get out. He grabbed the gun that she had dropped, his eyes narrowed. "I'll find him, and I'll make him pay. I'll get Aurora back too," he whispered. He would promise Piper those things. Aspen got into his car the moment that he got the text. He knew that they needed to act fast. 'I'll meet you at Dom's house. No one should be home,' he sent. Though, Aspen should have thought more about getting a warrant to his house. Dominic already knew Aspen knew, so Aspen should have expected what was to come, but he was too caught up in the moment. What he didn't know was that there were forged letter placed right on Dominic's desk for Ann to find. They were supposedly between Aspen and Dominic, making Aspen look like the bad guy and framing Dominic as innocent.

515Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 pm

wills

wills

Her knees gave way, and she sank to the thick soil; a cloud of dust unraveled, raining upon the earth. However, Leon's hold prevented her from falling completely. In spite of the grime that coated his flesh, he smelled fresh of peppermint and smoke - resembling that of their home. Though Leon was home, so was Aurora. She was the sole family member that she trusted, and her disappearance crushed her. Eventually, she relinquished her hold; her limp arms resided along her sides. Her cheeks were sodden due to the fresh tears that trickled along. She wiped the remnants, smearing a layer of dirt in the process. "Maybe it was a mere illusion, who knows. But I know it was him," she insisted, her lips trembling. Vague images flitted across her memory, all pertaining to her evil captor. A frown settled in place as Leon rattled on. "No, we are doing this," she corrected, clutching his hand for support. "I want to enact my revenge. It was one thing for that bastard to attack me, but when he attacks my sister...it gets personal." As the text flashed onto the screen, an exasperated sigh trickled from Ann's lips. She was anxious, for she had no idea what she would find. However, there was a sliver of hope, an ounce of desire, that swarmed over her. Perhaps this was a mere misunderstanding. She couldn't bare the thought that her cousin, one who had been relatively close to her, was evil. Reluctantly, she whizzed out of the driver and barreled down the street corner.

516Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:15 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon kept his hold on Piper tight, keeping her in his arms and refusing to let go. He knew that she was terrified and upset, but he was there for her, and he was going to do everything in his power to ensure that they would somehow find Aurora. While he hadn't known her for long, he already felt as if she was part of his family. She was Piper's sister after all, and family ties went deeper than anything else. "So Dominic Kenway was a bad guy all along? Do you think any of Felix's group knows? He's somehow related to him, right? I know that you and him aren't on the best terms at the moment, but maybe one of them knows something about Dominic. We can work with them," he suggested. If she somehow knew his number, they could call him and see what he knew. He stopped for a moment, though, when he heard her. She was using a tone that he hadn't heard from her before, and it scared him a little, but then he thought about it. She had so much taken from her, and now she was fighting back. And he would stand with her until the bitter end. "He's going to wish he never met us," he muttered. Aspen got into his car, hoping and praying that he was right about no one being at Dominic's house. The moment that he got there, he was relieved to see no cars in the driveway. It didn't take long for Ann to arrive, though. "You check his office, I'll check their bedroom," he said, handing her his pistol just in case she ran into anything. He would rather her have it and be safe anyway. On Dominic's desk was a letter forged in Aspen's hand writing, It mainly talked about the construction of a warehouse and went on to talk about framing Dominic for the entire work. The letter alone was enough to get Aspen into jail. That was if no one found out that Dominic had planted the false evidence there, damning Aspen in the process.

517Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:03 pm

wills

wills

Eventually, Piper disentangled herself from his light hold; her wobbly knees managed to bare the weight. A light breeze toyed with the golden tendrils of hair, obscuring her vision and distorting the image that stretched out before her. Her shoulders tensed when he brought up Felix; their last encounter hadn't ended as she had hoped. She yearned to reunite with Felix and revisit the relationship the pair had been aiming for. Yet, he had moved on, leaving Piper to scramble in the wilderness. She did not wish to come crawling back for information, especially when there are no guarantees that he would believe her. "No, if we tip off the wrong people, it won't end well. It is better if they are oblivious. Otherwise they might tell Scott," she whispered, hunching forward to block the relentless wind. The fear burned in his gaze due to the haughty declarations that spilled from her lips. Perhaps she was a little intense; however, she had every right to be. She had her privileges and rights stripped from her; they did not get the satisfaction of taking her sister as well. As she whizzed into the abandoned driveway, Ann hopped out of the cab and grasped a bobby pin, utilized to pick the lock. Dipping into the gloomy home, she had the pistol poised between her fingertips. She maneuvered through the house and dipped into the office. It was relatively tidy, aside from a few scattered pages that stretched out across the desk. One captured her immediate attention, and she tentatively grasped the page, careful not to disrupt anything else. The scripted handwriting vaguely resembled Aspen's, and her stomach twisted in knots. This couldn't possibly be true...could it?

518Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:54 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon bit his lip as she seemed to shoot his idea down as it came from his lips. He knew that she didn't want anything to do with the Ledger boy, but what else could they do? She did have a point, though. While he could have information, he could just as easily give information, and they didn't even know if they knew about Dominic. "What do we do then?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. Could they really do this on their own? He wasn't sure of himself, but what he did know was that they needed to get her sister back. "What about the Sherwood boy? Or at Astrid girl? She seems to have the least amount of connections to Dominic," he said, or at least that was what he had heard. He just wanted to find a way to get Aurora back for Piper. He knew how much a sibling mattered. He pressed a soft kiss to her head, taking her hand. "Let's get out of here. We can figure things out as we go," he said. He was determined to find a way. Aspen searched Dominic and Riley's room, but he didn't find much. That was until he stumbled upon the plans for the warehouse. He smirked, grabbing his phone and taking a picture of it and all the codes he had written down. This was perfect! He started to walk back down the stairs until he came into Dominic's office, finding Ann looking at something on the desk. "Find anything incriminating?" he asked. While the plans might not be enough to land Dominic in jail, it was a good lead and could get some people on their side as well. He leaned on the doorframe as he waited for his wife to speak.

519Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:19 pm

wills

wills

Her resistance ranged farther than blatant animosity; if she involved her former allies, that would only tip off Dominic. The mere thought sent a shot of fear, hot and daunting, soaring through her veins. Besides, after the encounter, she doubted that Felix would be willing to associate with them. As the inquiry swept across the space, her eyes fell closed; this was the ground breaking question, one she did not have the answer for. When he brought up Astrid, her shoulder's tensed. She had, many moons ago, been Piper's closest friend, one she could turn to in her time of need. Now, she was uncertain if that would be a wise decision, even if she were the reason that she was involved in the scenario in the first place. Lacing their fingers together, she took comfort in the simple gesture; her shoulders relaxed, soothing the bundle of emotions. Instead of verbally responding, she mechanically nodded, as if in agreement. Gradually, she lead the way across the barren landscape. A chill suspended in the air. Ann reread the letter multiple times; yet, the content never seemed to change. The scrawled print mimicked that of Aspen's. However, she couldn't disclose this as official unless she had something to compare it to. Her heart lurched as a voice severed the reticence; she peeked out of the corner of her eye to see Aspen careened against the door frame. In spite of it all, could she truly trust her husband? If he were guilty, he would never admit it. Folding the wrinkled page, she stuffed it into her back pocket. "Nothing here, clean sweep."

520Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:42 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon could tell that the subject of her old friends really did strike a chord with her, but were really the only ones that could possibly have an answer. Besides, she was friends with Astrid, right? Then again, it wasn't really his place to say anything. He didn't know what they relationship was like. He walked with her to the car, pressing his lips to her forehead. "We can go home and figure this all out. I promise you, though, we will get your sister back," he said. He would do everything in his power to make sure that she came back to them in one piece. He knew just how much she meant to Piper. He grabbed his keys, starting the car. Maybe he would be able to come up with a plan on the way there. Leon took a look at the barren place, hoping and praying that maybe they would be able to find her within a few days. He couldn't stand to see the hurt look on Piper's face if they couldn't. Aspen cursed under his breath when she said she didn't find anything. He pulled out his phone and showed her the blue prints. "I'm not sure what everything means, but I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm almost positive it has something to do with the warehouse. Once I find something to connect the dots, we'll have Dominic behind bars where he belongs," he said, moving around some of the papers on his desk. "He probably has to keep it normal looking for Riley," he muttered under his breath.

521Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:27 pm

wills

wills

The foundation of her friendships' were demolished; though she had disappeared, their lives continued on as usual. Could she truly come crawling to them for help? It was evident that she was disposable, a temporary asset in their lives. Yet, even so, she missed Astrid, and perhaps, she had some answers that would be vital for her survival. Her ties to Caroline provided lead way. Her thoughts unraveled when Leon's lips fell upon her forehead; tingles danced over her skin, and a scarlet hue marked her features. A heavy sigh slithered from her lips, and she dunked into the car. The gun remained clutched in her grasp, as if to provide a sense of security. "I hope you are right," she whispered, the urgency apparent in the simple declaration. Her heart hammered in her chest, a clear indication that Ann was weary of Aspen. Nevertheless, as he consumed the space between them, she attempted to decelerate her pulse; she did not want to tip him off, especially if he happened to be the threat. Peering at the codes that were scrawled along the page, she paused, however. "Wait," she insisted, snatching his phone from his grasp and sending the picture to her own phone. With the letters inscripted along page, she would be able to compare the handwriting, for she had a sickening suspicion that Dominic's intent was to fool her. "I wonder why she hasn't suspected anything," she mused, pursing her lips as she inspected the office. It was plain and simple; the only decorations that adorned the walls were a few family portraits.

522Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:59 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon glanced at her hands, seeing that the gun was still tight in her grip. She probably needed it to keep herself calm, but he couldn't blame her. He would probably be terrified if he had lost Phillip. Phillip...could he help them? He seemed to fancy Aurora just a little, so maybe he would be inclined to help. He would give him a call after they got home. He drove the little ways to his cabin, stopping the car and running a hand through his hair. There was so much to do, but he just was so tired. Sleep was going to have to wait though. The longer he waited, the more time to gave Dominic to hurt Piper's sister. He got out, opening the door for Piper. Aspen rose a brow a bit, seeing that his wife was a little bit jumpy. Had she actually found something but just didn't tell him? No, Ann trusted him. "I'm not sure. How could he have kept his mouth shut for that long without her even picking up on a thing?" he asked. Was it possible that Riley could have found something out and Dominic simply gave her a dose of a memory reliever and passed it off as she was sick? The thought alone angered Aspen. He made his way behind the desk and pulled open one of the drawers. He paused, examining what was inside. Letters from Aspen. Had he really kept all those letters he sent during the war? He picked one up, but the moment he read them, he realized that it wasn't just memories. They were even more evidence against Aspen, each letter more incriminating than the last. And all in Aspen's handwriting. "I-I can explain," he managed out, but if he were being honest, he had no explanation.

523Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:54 pm

wills

wills

The barrel of the gun exuded heat; the sliver rim, however, was cool to the touch. The mere prospect of clutching onto such a lethal weapon sent her stomach into knots. Yet, it was the only defense she had, and she would not loosen her grip. Her fingers trembled, straining to keep the pistol poised between her slender fingers. Piper shifted her focal point, glaring at the colors that melded across her vision. She was transfixed on a certain point, watching the trees meld into a layer of green. When they came to a screeching halt, she blinked as if to clear her vision. Slowly, she dipped out of the vehicle and gripped Leon's arm for support. Her legs were stiff, and tingles shot down her spine. "This is all my fault," she whispered, a dejected note ensnaring the declaration. Bracing her hand against the smooth surface of the desk, Ann managed to regain her barrings. Perhaps this letter was misconstrued, or constructed by Dominic himself. Once she compared the handwriting, she would have a better grasp of the situation. As he unhinged one of the drawers, she inspected the slew of letters that he had compiled. The remaining sliver of hope dissipated within an instant. "Did you write these, Aspen?" she pressed, her gaze intently falling upon his own. Would she even be able to detect if he were lying to her?

524Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon shook his head as he listened to Piper. He wrapped an arm around her midsection to keep her uptight seeing as that the shock was finally starting to get to her. She clearly wasn't in the right mindset. He kept her close to him as he entered the familiar cabin, turning on the light switch and guiding her to his room, the bed that she had been sleeping in the past few nights. "This isn't your fault, Piper, and only a fool would believe that," he said. He sat down beside her, taking her hand in his as he looked into her gaze. "Besides, blaming yourself isn't going to get Aurora back," he said. While it might have been a little harsh, it was true. The only thing that was going to get her sister back was action, and that was just what he planned to do. If that meant putting himself in harm's way, then so be it. If his friend was saved in the process and Piper was better, that was all that mattered. Aspen bit his lip, looking at all the letters in the drawer. There were at least twenty. Dominic took the time to write all of these in Aspen's penmanship just to make there be no doubt that it was him. That bastard! He knew they would be there and look for evidence, and he was getting back at Aspen for knowing too much. Peyton...oh god. He hoped Dominic had no idea Peyton knew everything. He just hoped that if he were hauled off to jail for this, she would know who really did it. He looked up at his wife, his gaze pleading. "I didn't write these, Annalise," he said, but he had a feeling her mind was already made up. There was too much evidence against him.

525Hunger Games 2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 pm

wills

wills

Careening into his side for support, Piper gradually navigated along the pebbled lane. Once they reached the porch, she gripped the railing for a sense of security. The pistol remained clamped between her fingertips, even when they staggered into the cabin. There was a cloud of tension that encompassed the atmosphere; her sister should have been with them. Instead, she suffered the repercussions. She slumped upon the worn mattress; her legs dangled over the edge, and she stared at the bland ceiling as she recounted the events that had happened over the course of the evening. The snippy declaration that trickled from his lips cut deep; however, truth was brimming throughout each and every syllable. "But it is true," she whispered, a heavy sigh streaming from her lips. "If I hadn't let her join us," she scrambled on, "then she would be safe." Clutching the pile of letters between her fingertips, Ann rifled through the batch. She skimmed through stack; the haughty claims sent a spike of fear trickling through her. Scattered pages slipped from the group and swayed as they slowly descended to the ground below. Her lips set into a firm line, and she kept the gun poised between her fingertips. With her free hand, she scoped out the surface underneath the desk; as she had anticipated, the house was bugged. "Why would Dominic forge your penmanship, Aspen? Maybe you accused him for a reason," she mused, the accusation easing from her lips with an air of confidence. However, it was a trick, utilized to throw Dominic off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum