Lifeclan And Deathclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games 2

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

526Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:00 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon wished that she knew how he felt..what he felt. He knew that she wouldn't, though. She was just so scared and blaming herself for the loss of her sister. He didn't believe that was the truth, though. No, he knew it. It wasn't her fault, and he would do anything for her to know that. He closed his eyes, pulling her into his arms without a second thought. "That is as far from the truth as you could possibly get, and you know that," he said, taking her hand all the while. He just wanted her to feel what he felt for her. She deserved so much, but she wasn't given it. Leon wanted to give it to her. "I promise you, there is nothing you did," he said. Aspen looked down at his wife, his eyes widening as she pulled the gun on him. "Ann, please, you have to believe me," he said, his voice desperate. Did she really think that he had been the one turning on the group for all those years? "Dom is doing it because he knows I am on to him. He wants to put me in in jail instead of him," he said, hoping, praying that she would understand.

527Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 pm

wills

wills

In spite of the tender declarations that spilled from his lips in an effort to console her, Piper could not believe him - wouldn't even. She was the reason that her sister would perish; she was the one jeopardizing her life. Perhaps she shouldn't have returned home, or even escaped the warehouse. Even so, as Leon's arms wound about her, she burrowed her face into the crook of his neck. His presence washed away the inner demons that captivated her thoughts. "I keep losing everyone, Leon," she whispered, a glum note clinging to each and every syllable. "And I can't lose you too," she tacked on, disentangling herself from his light hold. Ann's fingers trembled, hovering over the trigger. One flinch, and a bullet would be sent flying. "Maybe that is where you belong," she commented, the remark was stoic and seemingly lifeless. Although she didn't mean a single word that filed past her lips, she had to play her cards right - and sell it. Dominic truly had to believe that she was against Aspen, and in turn, Aspen had to believe it as well.

528Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 am

squid.

squid.

No matter what he tried, nothing seemed to be working, but that wasn't going to stop Leon. He was how scared and broken she was, and he wasn't going to leave her like that. He would stay by her side without a second thought. He pulled her into his arms letting her get comfortable if she needed. He pressed a soft kiss to the top of her head, letting a soft hand run up and down her back. He was there for her, and he always would be. He could feel the heartbreak in her voice, and it hurt him more than he wanted to let on. "Trust me," he whispered, "I'm never leaving you." Piper really was losing everyone, and if she lost him, she would be utterly alone. It would break him to see her like that. Aspen could feel his heart racing. Would Ann really shoot him? She didn't seem like she would hesitate, but could he blame her. Just thinking of what Dominic did to his son sent him into a fit of raging fury. "Annalise, please," he said, but what more could he do to convince her? The evidence before him was so damning, he has no chance. "I wouldn't do this to my own son. I wouldn't put him through what I went through - what we went through," he managed out. Would she believe him, though?

529Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

wills

wills

The environment mirrored the solemn tone that enveloped the pair. Not a single cricket chirped in the distance; even the owls were silent - an eerie addition to the sullen vibe. Burrowing her face into the crook of his neck, she attempted to relax. His touch was light, easing the rush of emotions that had descended over her moments prior. She was worried that Leon would eventually disintegrate, and she would be forced to fight alone. Did she have the will to fight, especially a prominent figure such as Dominic? The daunting flames, hungry and raging with fury, crossed her vision; a shiver trickled down her spine, and she clutched Leon tighter, as if to prevent him from vanishing. "Good," she managed to murmur through the lump in her throat. Ann zeroed in on Aspen; the slightest flinch would enforce the gun to explode. Her heart hammered in her chest, and she strode backward, inching towards the exit. "And you are presuming that Dominic would?" she sneered, her eyes latching onto his momentarily. She wished she could convey all the words she refused to say in that one glance.

530Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 am

squid.

squid.

Leon wanted to comfort her more, but at the moment the moment the only thing he could offer her was his words. His promises that he would never leave her, and it was true. He wouldn't leave her if he had anything to do with it. He would stay by her side until his very last breath, and he vowed that to her, even if they hadn't known each other all that long. Besides, she was going to need a partner in crime if she was going to take down Dominic. "Do you think anyone else in the group is on to him?" he asked, though he seriously doubted it. Something would have happened if they knew. Piper wouldn't be in this kind of a situation. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying his best to think of a plan. He didn't want her to have to go through so much again. Aspen felt as if his heart was stopping with each word. She really didn't believe him. Though he evidence was against him, he was sure his wife would at least give him a chance to explain. "Dominic is crazy! He is trying to get you to turn on me," he said, looking down the barrel of her gun. He hoped that she wouldn't pull the trigger, but it didn't look too promising for him.

531Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 pm

wills

wills

One simple proclamation would have to suffice; Leon was truly the only person she could trust, and she couldn't cast him aside - not when she was already so alone. She burrowed her head into his chest, shielding the traumatizing world from her innocent eyes. Usually, she possessed a bubbly personality - one that was oftentimes an acquired taste, especially for someone like Astrid. The games had taken a toll on her; she was hardened, a loose cannon that could explode at any moment. The inquiry severed the surge of thoughts that had surfaced, and a frown tugged along the edges of her lips. "I doubt it. Dominic is not only a friend but family. I doubt that even Astrid would trust her mother," she commented, a sour note clinging to the declaration. To an extent, she understood why Astrid would be hesitant to trust Caroline. If Piper hadn't known the truth, she would be apprehensive of the woman herself. Inching around the desk that separated the pair, Ann scowled at the man poised before her; she deserved an award, for her acting skills were phenomenal. She would have given herself a pat on the back if it weren't for the sheer fact that she was crushing Aspen in the process. "Or maybe you are trying to get me to believe that. Remember once upon a time, I was on your hit list," she sneered, her finger grazing dangerously over the trigger. "Get out of my sight. In fact, get out of town. I have half a mind to blow your brains out. Don't tempt me," she noted, her fingers trembling in the slightest. "Stay away from me and my son, or I swear Aspen, you won't even have a fair trial."

532Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:50 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon wished that he knew the group better. He wished he could help her more, but he was starting to become frustrated with how little he could help her. Damn it! He was supposed to be helping her! He ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath along with it. He also wished the rest of the group could know what he knew. Maybe then things could be easier. Life wasn't easy; it had never been. Not even when he was surrounded by riches. If anything, it made life harder. "Our best shot is talking to Astrid at this point. If we can get her on our side, maybe we can get real help," he offered. At this point, he could do nothing to help her find her sister without getting himself killed in the process, something he would rather not happen for at least another good twenty years-emphasis on the good. "She was your best friend. She is the most likely to listen, not to mention the influence her boyfriend has," he added. Anything he could use to give them a better shot at finding her sister, he would take. Aspen felt as if he couldn't breathe. The day he had nightmares about was finally coming true. The day Ann didn't believe in him. He feared this would happen since the day she finally trusted him. He had nothing to hide and everything to lose. And everything was crumbling before him. The mere thought of never seeing her loving face or his son ever again broke him beyond belief, and it was clear in his eyes what he was thinking. "Ann...I'm sorry. I love you and Felix so much," he whispered, though he knew no amount of begging could save him. Without another thought he raced out the door and to his car, starting it as quickly as he could. As he sped down the road, he dialed his niece's number, hoping and praying that she would answer. "Peyton, something is wrong. Stay the hell away from Dominic. I wish I could explain more, but I can't."

533Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:08 pm

wills

wills

Shock trilled through her being as the suggestion tumbled from his lips. She hadn't associated with the group since the night they had bombarded Leon's cabin. She doubted Astrid even recalled the phenomenon, or perhaps she labeled it as an intoxicated hallucination. How could she possibly face her former best friend? Uncertainty flooded over her, and she diverted her gaze to the quilt that pooled about her waist. "Right, she was my best friend. Things have changed, Leon...I've changed," she whispered, a sullen note interlacing the notion. "I wouldn't even know what to say to her. She probably doesn't even miss me." She waited for the tears that never came; she was equivalent to a dry well. No, even if she could cry, she wouldn't. She was stronger than that. She had a fire burning in her belly, one that was ready to seek vengeance. "You know what, you are right. Let's go. Now is as good as time as ever." The dejected syllables sent a chill down Ann's spine. He was so desolate and dejected, and she was the culprit. Once Aspen filed out the door, she pulled the trigger, blasting a hole through the wall. This would leave Dominic with the impression that she hadn't intended to let Aspen free; however, he had narrowly missed the shot. Fumbling under the table, she shut down the microphone latched under the desk. "Game on, Dominic Kenway. Game on."

534Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 am

squid.

squid.

Leon knew she was terrified. Anyone would be, really, but they were running out of options. He placed a soft kiss on the top of her head in hopes that he could at least help her think through everything. "If she loves you as much as it seems, I'm quite sure she misses you. You can't just forget a best friend," he said, wanting her to believe in his words because he really thought the two girls would still be friends. Piper may have changed, but maybe Astrid did too. "Piper, we don't have many other options. If you really want to find your sister, we are going to have to face our fears and talk to Astrid." He didn't want to force her, but they really were desperate for anything, and he was willing to go to Astrid if it meant that Piper got her sister back. Aspen knew exactly where to do. And so he did. He spent maybe five minutes there and grabbed only the things that mattered the most to him; a few wedding pictures, a few pictures of his son, and a gift Ann had given him quite some time ago. He told his son he loved him before bolting out the door once more and rushing to the only person who he knew could help him. Caroline. He parked outside of the warehouse, pounding on the door the moment he got there. Felix was shocked, to say the least. His father didn't explain anything when coming home. He simply explained how much he loved him, grabbed some stuff, and walked out the door. Felix knew he wouldn't answer, so he called the next best person. "Mom, you better tell me what the hell is going on."

535Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 pm

wills

wills

Warmth spread through her veins; the tender act of affection was overwhelming. It was odd, for she was oftentimes the one comforting the people around her. As of late, however, she was in need of support herself. Twining her arms about her waist, she stole a glimpse out the window. A layer of film distorted the wooded oasis, obscuring those lurking in the dead of night. "Fine, but if Felix is there....I am not going in," she reasoned; the mere prospect of confronting Felix again sent a surge of dread through her. Rising from the springy mattress, she gathered her coat and burrowed beneath the warm fabric. "Let's get this over with. I don't want my sister to spend more than a night in that hell cell." An echo dispersed, vibrating through the confined space. Gripping her rifle, Caroline strode through the desolate hall. A sliver of white light peeped through the window, blanketing the hooded figure. When she threw the door open, her gun was positioned right in the middle of the newcomer's chest. She was taken aback by the person who was poised before her. "Ledger, what the hell are you doing? Are you trying to alert the whole town that I am here? I am in hiding for a reason," she grumbled, irritation coating the notion. "Hurry, get inside," she urged, gripping his forearm and tugging him inside the secluded area. As Ann sped down the abandoned streets, her phone buzzed, alerting her of an incoming call. "Shit," she cursed under her breath, fumbling for her phone. "Hi sweetie, how-" she began, a sweet tone lacing the greeting. However, as his voice trickled through the other line, the feigned kindness dwindled. "Don't use that tone with me, young man," she chastised, the order gliding from her lips as a maternal instinct. "Felix, there are some things I cannot tell you, and just know that as your mother, I am trying to protect you. The less you know, the safer you are."

536Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:00 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon understood her worry about Felix. In fact he almost hated him enough that he was quite sure he would punch him in the face if he ever saw him again. "Okay, if Felix is there, we can leave. If he's not, we're going to talk to Astrid," he said, taking a deep breath for a moment. They were getting just a few steps closer to finding her sister. If they could just get a little help, they would be able to find her sister and maybe reveal the truth in the process. "The sooner the better." Aspen fully expected a gun in his face, but the sight was still shocking to him considering not even an hour ago Ann had pointed one right at his face. He didn't even have words as she pulled him into the warehouse, shutting the door behind him. It took him a few moment to remain his thoughts and realize exactly why he was there. "Dominic framed me. Ann thinks it was all my fault," he breathed out, unable to say anything else. Ann didn't believe in him. "I don't know what to do," he said. Felix couldn't stop the scowl that appeared on his face when he heard his mother. He was tired of being treated like a child. He had grown up so much in the past months yet no one seemed to realize it. "There isn't much left to protect; the games made damn sure of that, so stop coddling me and tell me why the hell my father came into the house just to say he loves me. Tell me why he took pictures and bolted because I don't think he's coming back." Felix didn't want to be hostile with his mother, but this was his family, and if it was breaking, he wanted to know. He wanted to know what was going on.

537Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:29 pm

wills

wills

A spark of unwarranted fear soared through her veins. The mere thought of encountering Felix was revolting. Yet, she was determined to save her sister, even if it required her to sacrifice her pride. Burrowing beneath the thick, wool jacket, she hustled towards the door. As she nudged the heavy wood open, a gust of frigid air danced over her flesh. "Come on," she urged, her teeth chattering all the while as the declaration stumbled from her lips. A frown etched along the edges of Caroline's lips, and she scrutinized the man poised before her; she half expected this to be a trap, a ruse to capture the flighty criminal. However, as the news flooded from his lips, the apprehension dissolved. "Join the club. Dominic ruins relationships and lives all in one," she declared, a snide undertone infused throughout the phrase. "We can't do anything until we have proof." The foul words that tumbled from Felix's lips were filled with acid; her heart lurched, and the world about her blurred into a sea of colors. She hadn't the energy to scold him for speaking so disrespectfully. "Felix, your father and I are having personal problems, and I would rather not get into this because you have been through enough lately as it is."

538Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:05 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon knew that she was right. They couldn't stand there and keep talking. He grabbed his coat off the coat rack and followed her out the door, pulling her closer to him. "I'll drive you there as quickly as I can," he said, pulling the cost closer to him as the air started to become cooler. It got quite cold in his little cabin in the winter, but he usually put a fire in. He pulled himself into car, starting it. Aspen tried his best to hide the distress on his face when he heard Caroline. "I don't know what to do. Ann doesn't believe a word I say. I've lost everything in a matter of five minutes. I don't know what to do anymore," he said, the realizing hitting him like a ton of bricks. He had nothing left. No one to believe in him. As much as he didn't want to, he started to let a tear slip. Nothing. He had nothing. "How can I prove that he framed me? The papers are written in my hand writing and everything," he said. Felix narrowed his eyes, clearly not satisfied with the answer he got. "Personal problems? Personal problems! You can't just leave me out of this just because I've been through shit! We are a family, or at least I thought we were. Mom, I love you, but if you don't tell me what's going on, I'll find someone who does. I'll find dad." He made sure it wasn't a threat. It was a promise.

539Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 pm

wills

wills

A thick layer of ice coated the ground; the grass gleaned as the lasting rays of sunlight bared down on the space; it was equivalent to tiny facets, fissured in the ground. Dipping into the vehicle, she stretched her fingers out over the air vent, allowing the luxurious heat to fan over her numb fingertips. "What do I even say to her, Leon?" Piper inquired, an ounce of apprehension interlacing the declaration. An exasperated huff threatened to trickle from Caroline's lips, and she automatically grasped a fresh glistening bottle. A slew of empty bottles spanned about the warehouse; her free time was spent drinking until her sorrows eventually dissipated. "You can't. This is a waiting game. Dominic is smart, but if I know your wife like I think I do, she's a hell of a lot smarter." Ann's fingers tightened around the steering wheel; the flesh was shifting into a startling shade of white. "You will not go looking for your father, do you understand? It is not safe, Felix. For once, you just have to trust me."

540Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 pm

squid.

squid.

Even in the car, Leon could see his breaths in front of him. His truck always did take forever to heat up, but that was because of the fact that it was an old truck. He tried to get it as warm as possible for her, though. "You can start out with just explaining what is happening. I'll help if you want me to," he said, starting to drive on to where he had heard she was staying. He really did think that the two could reconnect. Maybe they just needed to talk. Aspen only then noticed all the bottles lying about, though he couldn't say that he blamed her much. What else was one to do when they had nothing left? "I thought that at first," he said, his eyes drifting toward the bottle in her hands. Should he drink? Maybe not now. "But the more I thought about it, the more I realized she's had reasons not to trust me before. I could easily be a scapegoat for Dominic," he said, running a hand through his hair. Did Ann believe in him, or were her insecurities getting the better of her? Felix felt himself being overcome with emotion. He didn't want the person who he had just started to accept turn out to be someone completely different, but it was starting to look like that. He felt tears running down his face, but he didn't even bother to wipe them away. "He's not coming home, is he? He's a traitor." The words alone were enough to break his heart. He didn't want to believe it. It didn't seem possible. "Did he send me to the games, mom?" he asked, the realization that could possibly be the truth was starting to weigh down on him. And he didn't know who to turn to.

541Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:26 pm

wills

wills

Warmth eased throughout the enclosure; a flush of color burned upon her cheeks, tinting the flesh a scarlet hue. As she assessed the option, she nibbled on her bottom lip, pinching the delicate flesh all the while. Numbly, she nodded, silently voicing her opinion. She doubted she would be able to form a coherent sentence, not after the incident from a few nights before. "She's staying with Noah and Peyton. How will I face them?" she pressed, worry building in her bright gaze. Tipping the glass back, a surge of bitter liquid splashed upon Caroline's tongue. Fortunately, she knew how to hold her liquor. "Or, she could have just as easily attempted to fool Dominic. He will not target her and your son if he is convinced that they are against you. He will have other plans, such as tracking you down and planning your demise. Trust me, I've been on the Dominic hit list for a while now," she proclaimed, a humorless life gliding from her lips as she took another swig from the bottle. As the solemn notion spilled from Felix's lips, Ann's heart lurched. The last thing she wanted was to watch her son suffer. Presently, he was her top priority, and she hated hurting him in such a way. Yet, he was safer if he was spared from the truth. "Felix, I honestly don't know," she declared, a hoarse undertone seeping throughout the notion. "But until I uncover the truth, I want you to steer clear of your father, and...and the Kenways. Promise me?"

542Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon knew that she was terrified of facing the people who she was closest with, but it was something that she needed to do. She couldn't stay away from these people for the rest of her life. It just wasn't possible. "Baby steps, Pipes," he said, pressing a quick kiss to the top of her head as he continued driving. They would work with Astrid and then move their way to Noah and Peyton and hopefully avoid Felix the entire time. Before he even realized it, they were pulled up in the Sherwood driveway. "Now or never," he whispered. Aspen hoped that she was right, but his fears were eating him away like they always had. Without a second thought, he grabbed one of the bottles, downing as much of it as he could, tears welling up in his eyes. "I might as well have just lost them. I can't go against Dominic. I'll be fighting a losing battle for the rest of my life," he muttered, taking a long swig from the glass bottle. He needed it more than he realized. Felix tried his best not to sound too hurt for his mother, but he couldn't help but let a little bit of it out. "T-the Kenways?" he asked in shock. While he wasn't close to Scott, or anyone for that matter, he was still family, and it worried him that his mother request he stay away from them. "I-I'll keep out of their way," he said after a moment, taking a deep breath. "I think I'm going to go over to Uncle D's house for a little bit," he said. He knew his mother wouldn't want him to repeat anything they had just spoken about, Felix needed someone...anyone really. He needed to be around someone or else he would lose his mind.

543Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:35 pm

wills

wills

Tender and sweet, the fleeting kiss was; she basked in the moment, soaking in the remaining time she had with Leon. Gripping his hand, she traced her thumb along the winding slope of his knuckles. As they whizzed in the familiar driveway, a shiver traveled down her spine. How was she to face Astrid, especially after their last encounter? She huddled beneath her thick coat, drowning in the bundle of fabric. If only she could disappear beneath the thick wool. "Is there even a choice?" she mused, stealing a glimpse over at her companion before she ducked out of the vehicle. If she didn't now, she feared that she never would. Sloshing the contents in her glass, Caroline evaluated the situation and stifled a faint chuckle that threatened to bubble from her lips. "Dominic, oh Dominic. He is a fucking coward. He preys on those who are the easiest targets. My history made me an easy alibi, especially considering my brother's past. You were also an easy target. If you are against him, he is wise enough to spin it on you, and it all backfires. He is evil, an evil genius," she sputtered, the words slurring together as the effects of the alcohol began to take over. Relief seeped through Ann's bones when Felix agreed to steer clear of the Kenways; at the very least, she could rest assured that her son would be safe. She had no idea if Riley or Scott could be trusted, but considering both were associated with Dominic she would rather be safe than sorry. As the information trickled from the other line, Ann had to stifle her objections. "Just be careful, and be home for dinner. I will make your favorite," she bribed, grasping for a sense of normality to ease the situation.

544Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:49 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon opened the door to his car, pulling his jacket closer to him as the cool air pressed against him. It was far too cold for his liking, but hopefully, someone would answer the door quickly. He took her hand, leading her up the steps. "If you ever get scared, just remember I'm right here," he said, knocking on the door. It took a few moments before a boy, about Piper's age, answered the door. He guessed that was Noah Sherwood. The shocked expression on his face said it all. "Holy shit," he heard the boy whisper. Noah couldn't believe his eyes. No, Piper was dead the last time he checked. He blinked once, but she was still there. "I'm completely sober, so why do I see Piper in front of me," he muttered. Aspen gripped the bottle tighter when he heard Caroline go on and on. He couldn't stop his anger as he threw the bottle against one of the walls, watching it shatter into a million pieces. "Dominic Kenway and whoever worked with him will pay for what they have done," he muttered, grabbing another bottle without hesitation. While he still had the urge to throw this one at the wall too, he decided it would be better to open the bottle rather than trash it. Felix knew that his mother was only looking out for him, but that didn't stop the pain that he felt. He didn't know what to think. The thought that his family could be traitors shook him to his core. "I will," he said. He was about to hang up, but he paused for a moment. "I love you, mom. I really love you," he said before he got into his car, driving as quickly as he could to the Sherwood's house. He parked his car in the driveway, only then noticing the figures on the porch.

545Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 am

wills

wills

Snow crunched underfoot; each step caused a deep depression in the blanket of white. When Leon's hand enveloped her own, she was instilled with a sliver of confidence. Tracing a path along the winding slope, she attempted to wade through the sea of thoughts. However, any speech she might have prepared disintegrated the moment the door flew open. The astonished exclamation pierced the air, and her grip initially tightened around Leon's hand. "Surprise...I'm alive," she whispered, a crooked smile edging along the corners of her lips. When the bottle collided with the wall, glittering shards rained down, and the liquid splattered the bland canvas. Caroline swiped a glistening droplet from her brow and stretched out her palm to halt Aspen's incoming line of fire. "Believe me, I want Dominic to rue the day just as much as you do. However, I doubt shattering bottles will do us any good. We need a plan, and a damned good one at that."

546Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 am

squid.

squid.

Noah felt as if he couldn't breathe for a moment. It was almost too good to be true. He looked at the girl before him for a moment, really taking her in before he pulled her into a tight hug. He didn't realize he was crying until he felt the cool air become even cooler on his cheeks. "We missed you so much," he whispered. pulling her along inside and motioning for the man beside her to come in as well. Leon stepped inside the house, closing the door behind him. It felt oddly cozy, nothing like his home. "Astrid, come here right now!" Noah called, guiding Piper over to the couch. "I have so many questions, but I honestly have no idea where to start," he said honestly. He glanced down when he felt his phone buzz. Felix had texted him, saying that he was going to come in, but he saw the company. He wanted to invite his cousin back in, though, having no idea that Felix did, in fact, know that Piper was alive. "Maybe I can call Felix and we can all get back together," he suggested, but he wondered if maybe that was the wrong thing to say considering the glare he earned from the buff man beside Piper. "Or....not."

547Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am

wills

wills

Startled by the sudden act, Piper remained frozen in place; eventually, her joints relaxed, and she managed to briefly return the affectionate gesture. "I thought you had forgotten me," she mumbled, the words gliding through the misty air. Dipping into the spacious estate, she surveyed their surroundings; everything felt oddly familiar. Along the edge of the wall, there was a photo of two girls - both smiling from ear to ear. Upon closer inspection, she realized that it was her and Astrid, a photograph that had been taken many years prior. It was remarkable how much could change within a few years. When her name reverberated down the lengthy hallway, Astrid poked her head into the living room; ebony locks spilled over her shoulders in a disarray. "What now, Noah? I was making progress. I think I almost convinced Peyton to let me-" she started, the complaint tumbling from her lips as she staggered into the room. However, the flurry of objections came to sudden halt when she noticed Piper huddled in the foyer. "Pinch me, I must be dreaming," she whispered, awed by the scene before her.

548Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 am

squid.

squid.

Noah looked at her in shock for a moment. "Forgot about you? Piper, I don't think we ever could forget about you," he said honestly. In a way, he almost thought he was dreaming. Piper, the person who had managed to always bring a smile to their faces was back, and he hoped that she was here to stay. He smirked a bit at the sight of his girlfriend walking into the living room to find her best friend here. He could tell that she was in just about as much shock as he was. He had so many questions that he hoped she could answer, but he knew that he probably wouldn't get everything answered. "So, who is the new guy?" he asked curiously. Leon leaned against the wall, a smirk appearing on his features when he heard Noah's question. Oh, if only this kid remembered the drunken night at his cabin, though he had a feeling he probably shouldn't bring that night up. He let Piper answer for him, for he trusted her to introduce him however she wanted. She could tell them that they were just friends or more if she wanted. These were her friends after all.

549Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:01 am

wills

wills

A lopsided smile creased the edges of her lips, and her doe eyes briefly dipped to the floor. Despite all the trio had endured, life seemingly fell back into place. As Astrid meandered into the room, she tensed - uncertain of what to expect. Eventually, she was drawn into another tight embrace; a broad smile etched upon Astrid's lips. "Gosh, what's with all the hugs guys. You act like I died or something," Piper mused, a nervous laugh spilling from her lips. In response, Astrid merely rolled her eyes and stifled a soft trill of laughter. "Not funny, Pipes," she chastised, though amusement danced in her gaze. Directing her attention to Leon, she motioned for him to come closer. "This is Leon. He's, uh....," she began, fumbling for an explanation; however, the pair had yet to put a label on the relationship. "I've been staying with him."

550Hunger Games 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 am

squid.

squid.

The irony of her joke made Noah burst into laughter. He knew that he had missed her, but having her back made him realize just how much they had lost when they all failed her. He wanted to say something about Felix, but he decided that it was best not to considering the look he was given by her burly companion. He sat down on the couch, waiting for everyone to join him, though he still felt a little uneasy due to her companion. He did look older than them, but it couldn't be by much. He seemed to linger just outside of the group, but his eyes stayed on Piper. He noticed the affection in his gaze and the crooked half-smile that formed on his lips after seeing Piper so happy. At her request, Leon moved forward, standing beside Piper. "Leonardo Rousseau," he introduced himself, offering his hand to shake, which Noah hesitantly took. It seemed that Leon stilled spooked the young boy. "You guys aren't...you know," he wasn't really sure how to put the question. Had Piper moved on from Felix? Maybe that was a good thing since Felix had as well. He wanted them all to be friends again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum