Lifeclan And Deathclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games 2

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 23]

426Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon rolled his eyes a bit, looking down at Piper for a moment. He remembered what he had said before. Go-karts. That was what he had planned. A way for the sisters to catch up on lost time. He wrapped an arm around Piper casually, watching her sister as she spoke with his brother. Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all. "We should look out for your sister before Phillip sweeps her off her feet," he said jokingly. Phillip smiled a little, waving his goodbye. He would have to make sue he saw this girl again. She just was so...perfect. He was going to probably check up with Leon a lot to see how she was doing. Aspen watched her, slowly listening to the recording once more. He listened as she spoke of Dominic, saying how h had taken everything from her and how he had been lying the whole time to every single one of them. He knew all along that he wasn't Drake's brother. He knew about Annalise and Maddox. He took Caroline's memories and made sure that she didn't know. He tried not to think of all the times they spent together. Dominic was like a brother to him. Could he really trade it all? Why would Caroline tell him all of this and just let him go? He wanted answers still. His heart broke in half as he listened to her cry again. He had shed tears like those himself. There was no way she could be faking that part. Even if she wasn't right about Dominic, Caroline wasn't who they all thought she was. Caroline was a broken human who needed to be repaired. He had to look for that Alfie guy. Where would he start though? He, as much as he didn't want to admit it, needed to look into Dominic

427Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:19 pm

wills

wills

In response to the subtle gesture, Piper leaned into his side; a light breeze playfully swept over the bright tendrils of hair that rested along the curvature of her spine. She couldn't wait for their outing. Go-karts would definitely create a bond between the two sisters, and perhaps strengthen her connection with Leon as well. A soft trill of laughter fell from her smooth lips as she peeked over at the two. "Too late for that," she noted as her sister joined them. A hint of a smile played on Aurora's lips, tilting her smooth lips up by a degree. "What?" Aurora muttered, rolling her eyes at the pair. "Stop giving me that look," she grumbled; the faintest dash of color swept over her cheekbones. The recording was hollow, desolate as it played back the events from moments before. This was a different side of Caroline, one Peyton had never witnessed before. The claims painted Dominic in a negative light. Disbelief swarmed about her thoughts. Dominic was her uncle; a man who had watched her and her brother from time to time. Although she had never been close with him, she never imagined that he would possess so many secrets, or that Caroline would, perhaps, be the innocent one in all of this madness.

428Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon smirked a little bit to himself. He could tell that they could all use some bonding time, but he simply smiled and made his way to his car. Before he got in, he shot Phillip a thankful look. He shouldn't have taken his older brother for granted for granted so much. "Come on, let's get to the go-kart places. I bet I can beat both of you," he said with a laugh, looking down at both of them. He wouldn't mind being nice and buying the girls some cotton candy or a hot dog. As long as they got to catch up on lost time, he was okay with being in the background. Aspen glanced at the ground for a moment, closing his eyes. Where could he even begin? Slowly, he grabbed Peyton's laptop, glancing down at it. "It wouldn't hurt to investigate," he said quietly, but it pained him. How could he betray Dominic - a man who had looked out for Felix and his wife and all their families - after everything he had done. It didn't make sense for Dominic to be on their side and let all the horrible things happen to the people he loved. "Maybe there is something in his office," he muttered. He quickly pulled out his phone, calling Dominic. He started out with, "Hey! I heard you got those plans approved for the house you were building you and Riley. How about you come over for dinner tonight? A little celebration." If he buttered him up, he could work on finding evidence.

429Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:17 pm

wills

wills

The two sisters had to make up for lost time; before the games had commenced, Piper hadn't been the closest with her sister. They were so drastically different that their personalities never meshed well together. Now, they only had each other to rely on. A smirk crawled along the edges of Piper's lips as the taunting declaration coated the airstream. Challenge accepted. "You will have to eat those words. I am a daredevil on the tracks," she declared, puffing out her chest to display confidence. Aurora notably snorted, amused by her sister's confidence. Before she ducked into the car, she stole a brief glance back at Philip. She was almost tempted to ask him to tag along. Almost. Though the tape had ended, producing static that seeped throughout the headphones, the words continued to echo throughout Peyton's thoughts. She plopped down on the edge of her bed; a mixture of confusion and fatigue came over her. "If she's right....and uncle Dom did do all these things...," she began, her voice hoarse as she spoke. "How will we ever prove it? No one would ever believe that Caroline is...innocent." The truth stung; she felt as if she had fallen into a hornets' nest, and every moment another persistent insect pierced her flesh, targeting her heart. On the other line, Dominic answered within a few moments. A broad smile encased his lips as he considered the offer, oblivious to the plans at hand. "I would have to check with Riley, but I think she would agree. So long as she doesn't have to cook for a change," he noted, a chuckle falling from his lips. The distorted words coated the airstream, and Peyton felt queasy. She saw Dominic in a new light. He was fake, as fake as a plastic doll.

430Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon couldn't help the smile that escaped from his lips. He would have to make sure he actually did hold up to his word, but who knows if he would. He didn't know what these girls could do. He started the car, watching as Aurora seem to take one last look at Philip. He smiled a little, taking a deep breath. Maybe he could mend the relationship with his brother as well. "I bet you guys a milkshake that I could beat both of you," he said confidently. Aspen couldn't seem to speak to Dominic in the ways that he had before, but he was going to have to. He glanced at Peyton for a moment, a saddening gaze. Somehow the Sherwoods have managed to have three generations full of pain and betrayal. It was like a plague that followed them relentlessly. "Awesome! I'll tell Ann to fix for five since I'm sure Scott has plans. That boy always seems to be doing something," he said with a small smile. He felt such a pang for Scott. He looked up to his father as if he had hung the moon and stars.

431Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:17 pm

wills

wills

Aurora could feel eyes burning into her flesh; it was the all-knowing look. She was certain that Leon had caught her staring off into the distance, in search of Philip. She was never one to feel mortified over a trivial matter; nevertheless, a flush of color hinted along the edges of her cheeks. The moment was fleeting, however, for Leon's challenge coated the air. The two sisters traded a glance, prepared to prove Leon wrong. "You are on," the both declared in unison before bursting into a round of laughter. Peyton squirmed, the unease getting to her. Everything felt so...wrong now; as if every word that Dominic ever spouted was an utter life. A chuckle resounded on the other line, so fake and unnatural. "He always seems to be hanging around Tatum these days. I swear, he is always caught up on that girl," he noted, tsking on the other line. "We'll see you tonight," he noted, before the line clicked, ending the call.

432Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon smirked as the two of them seemed bound determined to make sure that he didn't win this bet. "You two are going to wish you never agreed," he muttered, trying to hide the laugh in his voice, but it still came through as he started to drive to the local place. He remembered wanting to go as a child, but his father found it barbaric and useless, so he never got to go. Well, there was that one time that his brother snuck them out. That was fun. Aspen paused for a moment once the call had ended. "If anything happens to me, Peyton, I want you to go to someone that you can trust. Go to your dad and show him this recording," he said, pulling up his phone and sending it to her. "I don't want you to get caught up in all of this. You see what has happened to your brother," he said quietly. He would do everything he could to keep his niece out of the tangled web Dominic had weaved. Riley was sitting at her desk, working on some inventory calculations for Mrs. Handcock's bakery. "Who was that, Dom?" she asked curiously, walking over and kissing the top of his head.

433Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 pm

wills

wills

A glorious smile spread along the edges of Piper's lips; she hadn't felt this alive or free since the moment she was captured for the horrific games. Leon was the cause for the change in attitude, for he brought forth the energetic and seemingly flirtatious side of her once more. "Believe it or not, Leon, but I don't have any regrets," she noted, a smirk curving along the corners of her lips. She, too, hadn't been to the dusty tracks. Aurora was always the daredevil, pushing the envelope at any given moment. Piper remained on the sidelines, a cheerleader at best. Silence seeped throughout the room moments after the click resounded, signifying that Dominic had ended the call. As Aspen spoke, Peyton refused to meet him in the eye. "Don't think like that, Uncle Aspen," she whispered, uncertainty coating her words. A light flourished, a seep of color that ignited the dimly lit room. The message was a copy of the recording, a retelling of the story that everyone thought they knew. There were always two sides to every story; she hadn't realized how true that was until this very moment. "It's too late. I'm already a part of it," she whispered, her teeth capturing her bottom lip. If she was caught with the recording and Dominic was enemy, he would surely find out sooner or later. Dropping his phone onto his wooden desk, Dominic's calloused fingers roamed over the blueprints he had set out; he was working on the finishing touches. On the back, however, there were scripted codes - insignificant to the ignorant. Though, they were codes to get into the abandon warehouse. Swiveling in his seat to meet Riley's gaze, he wound his arms around her waist to bring her in closer. "Aspen. He wants us to come over for dinner tonight," he explained; now that he thought over it once more, the situation seemed rather peculiar.

434Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon rose a brow for a moment. "No regrets, huh? Well, I'm going to make sure that you rethink that," he said with a cunning smirk before turned into the go-kart place. The familiar sounds a children's laughter and the smell of greasy food brought back memories to the time when they had first gone. It was one of the best nights of his life. He and his brother finally got to live like actual teenagers, flirting with girls and betting on who could win what game. "This is a great place, you know," he said as he parked. Aspen looked down at the girl before him. He could easily tell that she had been affected by the turmoil her brother had gone through. He pulled her into a tight hug, taking a deep breath. "I know," he breathed out. Family meant more to him than anything in the world. Maybe it was because he didn't grow up with one. That was what made Dominic's betrayal so heartbreaking. "Don't trust a word he says until I find evidence that he is either innocent or guilty," he said. Riley smiled a little as she felt his arms around her, and she leaned into his touch. "Really? That sounds great actually. I've been straining myself making sure that I got the inventory and everything right, and I know you've been working hard on those plans," she said, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. Her fingers slowly traced the marking he had. She couldn't wait until the house was built. She flipped it over on to the back to see if he had anything more, but it was just things she didn't understand. She figured it was calculations. She set them down, clearly unaware of the code. "Scott is going to the movies with Ezra, so it will just be us going, although I'm sure Aspen figured that. Scott is just like you, after all. A social butterfly," she said with a giggle, resting her head on his chest.

435Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 pm

wills

wills

A hint of uncertainty shifted through Piper's system; she had no clue if Leon was merely bluffing, or if he was secretly a pro at skirting across the dirt tracks. She dearly hoped that it was the former rather than the latter. Worming her way out of the car, her fingertips brushed back a few strays strands of hair. Nudging a discarded ketchup packet with the toe of her shoe, Piper surveyed the minuscule area. It was every child's dream, filled with activities and an endless supply of candy. It was the childhood that she was not fortunate enough to have. "I guess I wouldn't know. I have never been," she noted glumly. Sinking into Aspen's solid embrace, Peyton fought off the wave of oncoming emotions. She was one to keep them bottled up, for she was always terrified of what would happen if she unleashed her thoughts. She was a ticking time bomb, however, and over time, she would explode, whether it be in tears or outrage. "You don't have to worry about that," she assured him, her voice muffled and hollow. Dominic offered a tentative smile; the plans for the evening unsettling him for some unknown reason. Nevertheless, as he reconsidered the offer, he found that perhaps the invitation was genuine; after all, both parties had had a long few weeks. "I think it would be a nice break," he agreed. He didn't so much as flinch as she inspected the tinted paper, coated with scribbled all along the margins. It was comical really; she was so oblivious, so easily fooled. His fingertips lifted, coiling over her smooth tendrils of hair; a soft chuckle fell from his lips, as if to ease the doubt. "Me? A social butterfly?" he repeated, as if the notion were preposterous.

436Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 am

squid.

squid.

Leon broke his gaze from his surroundings to look at Piper, a smile slipping onto his face. She looked almost as excited as he felt. "I've been once. Philip and I wanted to go, but our father wouldn't allow it, so we snuck out," he said. He wouldn't go into the details of what happened when they were caught, though. Even he didn't want to think too much about that part. He took a few steps into the park, taking out his wallet and buying wristbands for all of them. Aspen could feel Peyton sinking into him, but he remained firm, simply holding her. She reminded him so much of ann. It was a wonder she wasn't their child. "I believe in you, Peyton. You're a Sherwood. It means you can get through anything," he whispered to her. He made it his unspoken duty to keep Peyton protected. He had drug her into this anyway. Riley placed her hand on his chest as she leaned into his embrace. Dominic always seemed to be there for her, and she couldn't thank him enough. She giggled a little, placing soft kisses to his jawline. "Yes, Dom, a social butterfly," she whispered. She grabbed the plans for once, pointing to where the kitchen would be. "You better give me a gourmet kitchen so that I can make you all those baked good we sell at the bakery," she whispered, looking over the plans as a whole. How did she get so lucky? Dominic had worked so hard for her. "I love you, Dominic Kenway. More than you could ever imagine." She paused to take a real look at what was written in the margins. She couldn't seem to quite make out what it was. Though, after taking a deeper look, they didn't look like calculations. "Dom, what are these?" she asked, pointing towards all the markings she couldn't seem to understand.

437Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 am

wills

wills

The meager childhood hadn't bothered her at the time; now that she was older, however, she wished that she had had a wholesome childhood. She wanted to have some lighter memories of her parents, ones she could hold on to rather than the disastrous departure she had left of them. Picking at the paper thin wristband that surrounded her slender wrist, Piper washed aside the ache that toyed in the pit of her stomach. "Aurora was always the one sneaking out. She could get away with just about anything," she noted, peeking over her shoulder at her sister - who hardly seemed embarrassed regarding the matter. Actually, she seemed quite proud. Swiping aside the tears that glistened in her gaze, Peyton managed a firm nod. She could do this; she had to live up to her grandfather's name. She wanted to exude strength, like her father and her grandfather. Even as preposterous as it was, she also wanted to one day rule the country. If her father could do it, then so could she. "Right," she whispered, clearing her throat to gather the strength she needed. A chuckle fell from Dominic's lips, and he merely rolled his eyes. He hardly believed that, but he wouldn't fight her on the matter. "You can have whatever you want, so long as you bake for me," he noted, a smirk curving along his lips. All too soon, it fell however. She was prying, which was not a good thing. "Just extra notes that I need to make. Nothing for you to worry over."

438Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:01 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon nodded after a moment, listening and watching the two sisters. A slight smile slipped onto his face as he heard her talk about her sister and sneaking out. "That was the only time the two of us were able to get out. With the restrictions our dad put on us after, it's a surprise I even managed to run away," he said, trying to get the wristband on his own wrist, but it was a little hard if he was going to be honest. Aspen held the girl in his arms, knowing that it was what she needed. He saw Dimitri in her so much, even if she didn't realize it. Peyton was a leader, just like her father. He took a deep breath, the smile coming to his face. "Look for evidence if you want, but just keep out of sight. I've got to tell Ann we're having company and hope she doesn't kill me," he muttered. He would probably end up making dinner. Maybe it was best if Felix stayed out of the dinner as well. He didn't want his son to be there if anything happened to him. It would be bad enough for his wife. He paused a moment, a thought hitting him. "Look up Riley, too. I hate to suspect her too, but we don't know if she isn't." Riley giggled, placing a soft hand on his cheek for a moment. "Any requests? I can bake cookies and cakes and everything under the sun now," she said. She finally found a job that she was happy at. She took a long look back at the blueprints, raising her brow. How could anyone understand this? "Notes? What the heck are you trying to write?" she asked, pulling the prints closer. She slowly read off what she could make out. "A65J1?" she stopped, a rather confused look on her face as she let out a laugh. "What is this, architect code?"

439Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:25 pm

wills

wills

Aurora had an endless assortment of stories. some seemed like mere dreams, for they were so spontaneous and were what thrill seekers often yearned for. The only story Piper had was one she was unwilling to relive; the games haunted her. Nightmares often flitted through her thoughts, ending with the searing fire that had consumed her. Yet, somehow, she was still alive in spite of the tragic event. How? This was a question she never found answers for. Brushing aside the grueling thoughts, she reached forward and helped Leon secure the tab so that the wristband stayed in place. "I wish I had the guts to do so," she noted; yet the statement ranged beyond merely sneaking out. She wished she had been strong enough to survive the games; if she had, her life would have been drastically different. Yet, odds were, she wouldn't have met Leon. The embrace was warm and tight, what Peyton had always hoped to get from her very own father. As always, she faded into the shadows. He never truly divided his attention, not evenly that is. Breaking free from the hug, she peeked up at Aspen was he spoke. Worry twisted the pit of her stomach. She was terrified of what she might find. "All right, I will see what I can find," she whispered, her words thick as she spoke. She felt uneasy, considering Riley as an enemy as well. She looked up to her. She was a courageous young woman, and she wished to be like her one day. Reaching forward, Dominic placed his hand over her, interlocking their fingertips. "Hm, surprise me when the time comes," he suggested. Although the thought was enticing, his focus was elsewhere. As she pressed on about the matter, a scowl crossed Dominic's features. She really didn't know when to quit apparently. "It's coordinates, Riley," he noted, his tone snippy as he grabbed the smooth paper and placed it inside one of the files once more.

440Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon sighed a bit, nodding to himself. He wondered a lot if he had made the right choice by running away. Some days he thought he did, others he thought that he could have had a better relationship wit his father if he had just waited things out, but now he knew that it was right. He met Piper because of it. He walked along with her to one of the tracks, the smile evergrowing. "You girls still up for this bet?" he asked, raising his brow. He would give them one more chance to back out before he beat them, or they totally obliterated him. Aspen nodded, placing a hand on her shoulder. God, Peyton even looked like her father. He was going to have to have a stern talking with Dimitri. Peyton needed his love and attention almost as much as Noah did. No, she needed it more. So much more. "Call me if anything happens," he said, kissing the top of her head for a moment. He knew that something could very well happen to him, but he didn't want to think too much about that. He would just have to think positive. He could do this. Slowly, he stood. He could do this. Riley smiled a little as her gaze traveled down to their fingers. She loved those moments when it just seemed to be the two of them in the world. Everything else seemed to fade away. It only lasted for a moment, though. She rose a brow as he took the plans from her. "Coordinates? Dominic, you can't seriously expect me to believe that, can you? We were in the war together for crying out loud! I know what coordinates look like," she said, but she didn't sound angry. She was just a little surprised that he wouldn't tell her. She placed her hand on his chest, tracing small circles. "Since when did you start keeping secrets from me?" she asked playfully.

441Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 pm

wills

wills

Memories danced across her vision, ruining the light vibe that wove throughout the group; all the visions were merely nightmares that she no longer wanted to dwell upon. If she hadn't been randomly selected for the games, perhaps the outcome would have been different; her relationship with her family wouldn't have been fried, but would it have been for the better? She highly doubted it. Aurora's burst of confidence severed through her mental dialogue. "Oh, you are on, Leon. I am not backing down," she refused, a smirk curving along her lips as she selected a gleaming blue car. Stickers decorated the sides; however, they appeared quite cheap, for they were already peeling. Capturing her bottom lip between her teeth, Peyton tried not to dwell on the situation. Perhaps Aspen had a handle on this; at this point, he was the only person she could trust, besides her family. She was now even skeptical of Josh. Who else could betray her, or the people she loved? "I will," she whispered thickly, peering up at Aspen as he rose. She already felt alone. An exasperated sigh fell from Dominic's lips. Since when was Riley so intrigued by the plans that she peered at the minor details that littered the paperwork. Veering back from her, he rose from the office chair. "There's no secrets, Riley," he noted, his tone marking the end of the discussion.

442Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:02 am

squid.

squid.

Leon was about to say something to Piper considering how zones out she seemed, but it appeared like Aurora beat him to it. He smirked and hopped in one of the red cars, strapping himself in. "You two are going to eat my dust for dinner," he said, smiling as they started to rev up the engines. His legs jutted out a bit since the car was rather small. It was an awkward fit, that was for sure. He sent a smile Piper's way, hoping that she would start feeling better. He would do anything to make her happy. Aspen had been right about Ann wanting to kill him. She already had dinner started, but he helped her anyway. As much as he tried to get him to leave. Felix stayed for the dinner. The boy seemed oddly attached to him and his mother ever since the games. He tried not to think too much about it all, though. He couldn't give himself away. He had constantly been checking his phone to see if there were any updates from Peyton. He found himself to be even more worried about her. He would hate himself forever if she got pulled into this. He paused a moment when he heard a knock on the door. He walked over, putting on a fake smile and opening this door. "Hey, Dom!" he said, pulling him into a hug. And so the wolf entered the flock of sheep.

443Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:50 pm

wills

wills

Brushing aside the memories that seemed to be imprinted into her very thoughts, Piper wormed her way to a cart just to the left of Leon. It was a perfect fit, not too long nor too short. Her fingers clasped around the wheel, tight enough to produce a faint sheen of white over her knuckles. She had the block out the memories, and if that meant skirting across the curving planes, then she was willing to go for it. The pad of Aurora's thumb roamed over the smooth sticker, attempting to fit down the edges where it curled along a winding strip. "Sorry, I don't see dust on the menu. Just a milkshake with my name on it," she declared as the count down echoed throughout the dusty tracks. As the faint creak echoed and the door burst open, Dominic was stunned by Aspen's sudden hug. Clearly, Dominic was not typically the affectionate type - no matter how long he knew the person. Shrugging Aspen off, he muttered, "Ann did you slip something into his cheerios this morning? I swear, he seems much too thrilled to see me." A lopsided smile crossed his features, as if he were merely joking with him.

444Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon couldn't help but smirk when he heard Aurora. Oh, she was just asking for this. "You're going to know what dust tastes like after this," he called above his engine. He took a look at Piper, a smile coming to his face. She looked adorable, that was for sure. He probably looked stupid considering how big he was in the tiny go-kart. He looked at one of the officials as he waved for them to go, and he quickly hit the gas. He was going to make sure that these girls didn't even know what hit them! He could almost taste the milkshake already. Aspen smiled at his friend, but he could see how hesitant he seemed. Maybe that was because Dominic always hated being touched. No one could even try to touch him. No one but Riley. He reminded himself that he needed to watch her too. He couldn't trust her. Not yet at least. "What? Can I not be happy to see you? It's been a while, Dom. Everything has been kind of crazy with Felix, and I know that you guys have had a hard time with Scott. I figured it would be best to get together," he said. He knew that he even had to guess that Scott was working with them, which broke his heart even more. To his dismay, Felix was there. He didn't want his son to get involved. He was already messed up as it was with the games. Riley looked at her husband for a moment, rolling her eyes and trying not to seem to hurt when he mentioned Scott. She tried to forget the stories he had told them, almost has much as he tried to forget. She held his hand and walked in, smiling at Ann all the while. "It's been a little while since I've seen you," she said, pulling her into a hug. It was true that they were all dealing with their own demons. She glanced back for a moment, feeling Aspen's eyes on her. Why did he seem to be watching her?

445Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:34 pm

wills

wills

A scoff fell from Aurora's lips, one that mirrored disbelief. "Oh, you are on Leon," she noted, her tone reflecting the challenging words. her toes tapped on the gas petal, revving the engine. Once the buzzer sounded, she shot off into the distance. Dust clouds compiled, swarming about the air as she barreled forward. Piper scooted on after them, her go-kart a short distance behind the pair. She was not quite as competitive as her sister, and in truth, her mind had wandered elsewhere. The rumble of the engine reminded her of the games. The sights and smells brought back memories that she had no desire to relive. Each surfaced about her very thoughts, and when she breathed, all she could feel were the dust particles compiling as they swarmed down her throat. All of a sudden, she came to an abrupt halt, unable to focus on the race. A scoff fell from Dominic's lips as he trudged into the room, clasping Felix on the shoulder as a welcoming as he did so. "Right, I still think Ann slipped something into your coffee or something," he pressed, rolling his eyes all the while. At the mention of her name, Ann peeked over at Dominic and suppressed the urge to roll her eyes as she finished fixing the table. She had to make last minute alterations, for she hadn't expected there to be any visitors. She also had to work to clean the mess that was her living room. Slowly, her arms folded around Riley as she returned the embrace. "Life hasn't exactly be the best lately," she whispered, a sigh falling from her lips all the while. She was worried for her son. The games had, after all, made an impact on his life.

446Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon could see that Aurora was right beside him the entire time, nd he tried his best not to look as irritated as he was. There was no way he was going to let her win this! He made a bet, after all, and Leon always made sure he never lost a bet. He glanced behind him to make sure that Piper was by them, but instead he saw that she had just stopped. He bit his lip, slamming down on his breaks. Okay, Aurora could win this one. Piper mattered more at the moment because it was obvious that she wasn't quickly. He quickly turned around and headed towards her. Felix nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a hand on his shoulder, but he relaxed the moment he saw that it was only Dominic. "Hey, Uncle Dom," he said. Even though he wasn't really his uncle, he still called him that. He was basically family. Aspen tried not to show his anger as Dominic got close to his son. Oh, he really wanted to punch him. The thought that he was the one to damage his son by putting him in the games made his anger even worse, but he kept on a cool face. He went to the table, making sure that everything was set up and ready to go. Riley took a deep breath as she looked at her old friend. She could see that it was also taking a toll on her as well. "I know how you feel," she whispered. While they weren't going through the exact same thing, it was similar. "Scott, God, he's just not the same. I'm so glad I have Dom, though. He's helping him get through it all. Slowly but surely," she said.

447Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 pm

wills

wills

Hunching over, Piper's chest rested against the rough steering wheel. Clouds of dust danced about the area and filled her lungs, igniting her body in a dull frenzy. She hugged her slender arms around her midsection. The images refused to dissipate, no matter how hard she squinted her eyes to force the blackness to consume the visuals. She could hardly hear the pounding of feet against the dusty sidewalk as Leon neared her. Aurora hadn't noticed that Leon had come to an abrupt halt at first. Minutes had passed before she realized that she was the only one skirting around the race track; dust swimming about the air due to her shenanigans. Uneasily, she slipped from the go-kart and rushed over to meet the pair. Her arms and legs felt like jello, but her attention was solely on her sister. Dropping his hand by his side, Dominic offered a somewhat sheepish smile, as if he hadn't meant to startle him. He could almost feel the pointed stare geared at his back, which only aroused a hint of confusion. Ann's gaze drifted to the tiled flooring; a solemn aura coating her system. She and her brother had worked so hard to be sure that their children never had to endure what they had, especially the games. Somehow, in someway, she found that the games had helped her. She was stronger, more capable than she had been when she was younger. Yet, that did not mean that she wanted her son to endure it as well. She felt that is was her duty to protect him, and physically, perhaps she could do so. However, she was not capable of saving him from his very own mind. "I never wanted Felix to ever go through what I did. I feel as if...I feel as if I have failed him as a mother," she whispered, her voice dejected and hollow. Perhaps she would have cried, if her well hadn't ran dry. She had no more tears to shed.

448Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:55 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon seemed to be rushing over to Piper, but seeing her so hurt and alone, it made it feel as if time moved even slower. It felt like an eternity before he even got to her, pulling her into his arms and kissing her head. "Hey, Pipes, it's okay," he whispered, but he didn't expect a response. He simply held her in his arms and let her do whatever she needed to do to get everything out of her system. He just wanted her to feel safe and comfortable, but it seemed that he couldn't even do that. He hated himself for it. Aspen clenched his jaw a bit as he watched the two. He was going to have to keep his son away from Dominic somehow. "Hey, Dom, why don't you tell us about that house you are planning for you and Riley," he said, trying to sound curious. Riley could feel Ann's pain. She was a victor herself, winning a few years before Ann did. While it made Ann stronger, and Riley could say the same, it ruined her life. She came back a completely different person, and she had no one after that. She was all alone. Now, though, she had this group and Dominic. "I wouldn't want Scott to be in the games either. With what happened to me after, it terrifies me to think what it could do to him, although I guess I'm getting a glimpse of it now," she said quietly. Scott being drafted was possibly one of the worst things to happen. He tried to act so happy for her, but she could see how he felt. "I wish I could do more for my son. I wish I could help him instead of just watching it happen," she said quietly.

449Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:02 pm

wills

wills

Tremors that she couldn't fight off convulsed over her body. She had been so strong, so capable. She hadn't relived the nightmare that was her life in ages. Yet now, she was battling her own sorrows and trying to cast aside the wave of nausea that swept over her system. When Leon's arms folded around her, she immediately tensed, prepared to fight off the person who constricted her. As her gaze lifted to Leon, she managed to make out his features in spite of her blurry vision. He was safe; she was safe - at least physically. No words managed to fall from her lips, for she felt as if she were drowning; every time she tried to speak, she found herself fighting for air. Careening against the wooden table, Dominic managed to steal a glance at Aspen as he spoke. "Well, it is still in the works currently. I am trying to keep it a surprise, especially since I don't want to jinx it," he noted, his thoughts roaming over the structure he was in the process of creating. As the memories filtered through Ann's thoughts, she attempted to fight off the wave of worry. Perhaps the games had benefited her, or at the very least changed her. Yet, she never wanted the same to happen to her son who she loved so dearly. If she lost him, she would lose a piece of herself. She wouldn't crumble, not as her mother would have. Instead, she wouldn't rest until the person who ever caused him harm payed, which was exactly why she was so against Caroline. "I know how you feel. It's just so...hopeless."

450Hunger Games 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: Hunger Games 2 Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:43 pm

squid.

squid.

Leon could feel her tensing up in his arms, but he simply continued to hold her, whispering whatever would make her feel better. He sang lullabies that he was told as a child, he told her how strong she was, and he simply was quiet for a moment. He ran a hand through her hair, hoping to calm her. "Don't talk. Just try to breathe in and out," he whispered, hoping that she would listen and be able to calm down. Maybe it would be best to just call it a day. Aspen nodded as he listened, a smile playing on his lips. "Riley seems really excited. Maybe you can show me the plans. I bet it will look stunning whenever it's built," he said, fighting the urge to punch him then and there. No, he needed to get answers. He ould have to put his anger aside if he wanted to know if Caroline was right. "I heard you've been away from home a lot. I didn't know architecture had that much work," he said. Riley nodded, and she took a deep breath, shaking her head. "Let's not think about all this. After all, we're supposed to be having fun," she said, and her eyes lit up as she remembered what she had left in the car. "I made you guys a cheesecake for tonight! It's the first one I've made outside of the bakery, but I think it's edible," she said with a laugh, leading her friend to the car. She thought back to some years ago, before Scott. If someone had told her that she would be working in a bakery, she would have laughed in their face.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum