Lifeclan And Deathclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

David and Grace

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm

squid.

squid.

David tried his best to avert his gaze to the ever growing pool of scarlet that coated the cool ground of the cave floor. He could feel his shirt cling to him as the blood from the man splattered his clothing. He felt himself getting sick at just the thought of his blood being on David. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind before turning toward Grace. He needed to get her home so he could get to Caroline. He followed her to the mouth of the cave, grabbing the canteen that he had filled up just less than an hour before. "Tell me about your home," he said quietly. It was none of his business, really, but it was her choice whether she would entertain him or not. She could easily just dismiss his words and act as if he had never even opened his mouth.

52David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm

wills

wills

Her boots smacked against the stone floor; the canvas was painted in a thick scarlet, one she yearned to equate with paint rather than blood. As she shuffled out of the cave, she dipped into the wooded area; in an attempt to occupy her idle hands, she began to try to tame the scattered locks that splayed over her shoulders. She felt queasy and exhausted; however, they had a quest ahead of them, and they could not halt, not when the Capital would be hot on their tale. A frown settled into place upon the request; she furrowed her brows and clenched her fists in an effort to contain the spout of emotions that rained down on her. "The actual place or my family? Because both are pretty bland," she noted, a flat tone encompassing the declaration. The mere thought of her mother sent a pang through her. Though her father was supportive, she yearned to have a mother figure in her life.

53David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:45 pm

squid.

squid.

David tried his best to keep alert during the whole walk, but he found himself continually looking toward Grace. She was quite beautiful, and he couldn't deny that, though he was sure that she probably hated his guts. She had every right to. He was almost sure that whenever he got her home, she would drop him right on the spot, but wasn't that the smart thing to do? He bit his lip as he heard her words, a crooked smile appearing on his lips. "Your family, and I'm sure it can't be that boring or at least compared to my family," he said. There wasn't much to talk about when it came to him. He simply had his sister around, his mother occasionally popping in when she wanted, but that was beside the point. He didn't have many people he could count on, but the few he had meant everything to him.

54David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:03 pm

wills

wills

Skirting around the loose debris that lined the forest floor, Grace managed to avoid alerting any loiters. A nip in the air sent a chill crawling up her spine; she wound a coat around her shoulders, fending off the violent tempers. Her legs ached, and her body was screaming for a sense of relief. Though she had replenished her energy, the nap in the sleeping bag only seemed to nurture the tension in her muscles. The cave flooring was not common resting grounds. As he clarified the request, she pursed her lips, assessing the options. "Well, for a while, it has only been my father and myself. I expected him to go off the deep end when my mother left, but he has actually kept a level head," she whispered, a weak smile tracing the edges of her lips. However, she had the sickening suspicion that that was no longer the case, for she was the anchor that prevented him from straying too far from the shoreline.

55David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 pm

squid.

squid.

David was quiet as he listened to her talk about her father. She seemed to be very close to the man, but then he wondered what it was like to even have a father. "I never knew mine all that well, He left a little after he found out my mother was going to have my sister. I'm not really sure why he even stayed for me," he mentioned. He figured that since the two were going to have to be spending a lot of time together, it was best that they got to know each other, at least a little. "My mom works all the time, so she's never really around. I'm kind of like a dad to my sister. She's quite a bit younger than me, but we make it work," he said. His sister was the reason he was determined to win the games. He had to make it home to her.

56David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:11 pm

wills

wills

Due to her mother's departure, her relationship with her father strengthened; they seemed to band together, for it was the only way for the pair to thrive. Ultimately, she had never been too close with her mother, especially since she never even wanted to have children in the first place. Rummaging through her pack, she grasped a steel canteen and took a hearty swig of water; the trek through the wilderness was endless, which only influenced her dire need for the liquid substance. "I don't have any siblings," she mused, a huff escaping her lips; clouds twisted in the air, highlighting the absurd temperatures. "My father never remarried. It has just been the two of us since I was five," she mused, a timid smile tweaking the edges of her lips.

57David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:47 pm

squid.

squid.

David watched as she grabbed her canteen, but he resisted the urge to crap his own. Even with the cool night breeze blowing past them, it was still rather hot, and the seemingly endless walk didn't help matters much. He looking around, trying his best to raining vigilant the entire time. "Five, huh? I guess you had a pretty good while to get to know him," he said playfully, looking ahead as he tried to find the end of the forest. Luckily for him, she was in one of the first districts, so they wouldn't have a very long way to go. "My sister is the best thing that ever happened to me, though. She...she makes me into a better person. Believe it or not, before the games, I wasn't so horrible," he said, faking a laugh, but it was hard to try and hide the sadness that spread over his features. He hated himself for changing.

58David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:43 pm

wills

wills

A rush of cool water splashed upon her tongue; the liquid was sweet and warm, snagged from the spring just that afternoon. She capped the canteen and stole a glimpse over at David. She tipped her bottle towards him, as if offering to take a swig of the luxurious water. A trill of laughter glided from her lips; the notion was humorous, really. Tucking stray locks behind her ear, she reminisced; the images were vague recaps. "It was never truly the same though," she whispered, winding her arms about her waist. She wished she had had a mother figure, one who she could confide in regarding personal matters. As his voice pierced the air once more, she stole a glimpse at her newfound companion. Despite his efforts to conceal his emotions, it was evident that he missed her. "Oh, is that so?" she mused, jabbing him with her elbow in a lighthearted manner; she yearned to ease the flood of tension that descended over the pair.

59David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:58 pm

squid.

squid.

David was a little surprised as she offered him the water, but he gratefully took it, only taking a small sip so she would have a substantial amount left. "Thanks," he murmured before continuing to walk. It seemed that she was slowly warming up to him. She was telling him about things that she seemed to keep tightly lipped about near Dustin and Jaycee. What was it about him that made him so special to receive the message? "I can't imagine that it would be," he said honestly. While he didn't have much of a parent to miss, the absence was still there. He found himself smiling as she playfully grabbed her elbow into his side. "As hard as it is to believe, yes," he joked right along with her, pushing her lightly. He was glad that the two were now able to joke around. It seemed that Grace was at least starting to trust him, and that was more than he could ask for.

60David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm

wills

wills

A lopsided smile formed along the edges of her lips. Her gaze flickered to the ground; she narrowly avoided a stump that stood in her path. Once he handed the canteen off to her once more, she paused to drop the container into her pack. Gradually, she was opening up to him. Nevertheless, that did not mean that she fully trusted him. Dangers lurked in the midst, and he could potentially turn on her at any given moment. If she tried to recollect her mother's appearance, the result was a bland outline of the woman. She had a picture, one she took with her into the arena. The two were remarkably similar. The pair both had a defined jaw and smooth lips. Grace even had her hazel eyes, ones that drew the spectator in. Her memories dissolved as his voice pierced the air. A soft trill of laughter seeped from her lips, and she attempted to envision the man poised before her in a different setting. Back home, he was an older brother, attending to his sister's every need. Eventually, they trekked out of the wooded plains and into the city landscape. The expansive land was teeming with industrial work. She assumed that this was district one; she had only passed through the town when she was on the train, headed for her impending doom.

61David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 pm

squid.

squid.

David looked over at Grace for a moment. How did she see him when she looked at him? Did she see the monster that she saw in the arena or did she see the brother that he claimed to be? She could have easily just dismissed his claim and gone with what she knew him to be, but she was giving him a chance instead. He couldn't thank her enough for that. He paused, though, when they came out of the woods and into the city. He could guess that they had made it to District One. Only a little bit further to go before they got her home. "We are going to have to lay low for the time being. Until we get you home," he said, looking around to make sure that no peacekeepers could see them. He was going to have to keep vigilant the entire time to make sure that they didn't get caught. If they did, they wouldn't make it home.

62David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm

wills

wills

In all honesty, Grace has no idea what to believe. Was he only feeding her lies in order to survive, or did he truly have a sister that needed his attendance? Back home, did he have a sister who was staring at the television screen in fear? The slew of questions merely compiled, and she doubted that she would ever unveil the truth. Squinting around the halo of light that seeped from the city, she paced the outskirts of the forest as she set the next plan in motion. She had a sickening suspicion that the town would be crawling with peacekeepers, and if they discovered their identities, they would be captured before they even truly had taste of freedom. "We should find a boutique. We will have a better chance if we change...blend in."

63David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 pm

squid.

squid.

David bit his lip as he tried not to grimace, or at least do it visibly. He hated the thought of having to physically change himself. The capital had already managed to change him in ways that he would never even let anyone see him. He ran a hand through his hair, trying his best not to show his discomfort. "Yes, I suppose you are right," he said. He didn't want to cut his hair or change the color of his blond curls, but what other choice would he have? He walked along the crowded streets, having to hold on to Grace's hand to ensure that the pair wouldn't lose each other. He found a rather small boutique, and he pulled her along with him away from the crowd. "Do you think this place will do?" he asked.

64David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

wills

wills

Faint and delicate, the breeze was at is toyed with the silky tendrils that splayed over her shoulders. The sights and sounds reverberated with life. News of the tributes' escape was plastered everywhere - on billboards and lamp posts, and even displayed on the television sets. Immediately, she ducked her head to disguise her prominent features. The pair needed to blend in, lest their ounce of freedom would be short lived. His hand, cocooned around her own, sent a wave of electricity jolting through her veins; how could a simple touch send her into such a frenzy. Her stone cold persona seemingly melted, despite her efforts to remain neutral to her newfound companion. "Yeah this should be fine," she muttered, the conclusion was reduced to a disgruntled mumble as she slid into the boutique.

65David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:16 am

squid.

squid.

David noticed how she seemed to pause as he took hold of her hand, but he tried not to think too much about it. Was it too much to hold her like that? She probably still hated him after all. He was sure that she would never forgive him. He didn't deserve her forgiveness. He snuck into the boutique, looking around at all the bizarre clothes. It was nothing like what he wore back at home, but then again, they didn't have much of anything back at home. At home, everything was so much more relaxed, but that was because everyone fished for a living. He sometimes wished that he could go back to the simple times. He pushed the thoughts out of his head, though, and he grabbed a few garments. "Let's get out of here as quickly as we can," he said. He didn't want to stay there longer than he had to.

66David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:41 pm

wills

wills

The foreign gesture sent her stomach twisting in knots; nonetheless, she brushed aside the bundle of nerves and focused solely on the mission. As they nudged the door open, the bell jingled, announcing their arrival. Rifling through the racks, she sought for a simple outfit that would suffice. Eventually, she settled for a creme colored dress; though it was too tightly fitted for her tastes, she decided it would have to suffice. "We need a wig," she mused, casting her gaze about the boutique; a few wigs of various colors adorned the mannequins. Snatching a golden tinted wing, she placed it over her chestnut locks. When she peered into the mirror, she hardly recognized herself.

67David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:12 am

squid.

squid.

David looked through the few options that he seemed to have. He ended up settling with a red coat and a white undershirt with black pants. It was fancier than anything he had ever had back at home, but he couldn't help but feel unsettled in it. He felt like a different person, and it wasn't someone that he wanted to be. He followed her, grabbing a dark wig which was quite a contrast compared to his normal dirty blonde locks. He took a look over her outfit, and a small smirk started to come to his lips. She really did look good in that dress, though he didn't plan on telling her. She would probably slap him. He simply offered her a smile as he fixed his wig.

68David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:45 pm

wills

wills

The dress that clutched her frame was constructed with refined silk; a sliver of fluorescent light glinted off of the ensemble. It was loud and proud, surely utilized to gather the attention of the public. Roaming her fingertips over the coarse strands that draped over her shoulders, she squinted at her reflection; the change was appalling. A swell of heat traced over her flesh. She could practically feel David's gaze boring into her back. "What are you staring at?" she grumbled, a distasteful note lacing each and every syllable. Shifting as if to convey her signs of discomfort, she trudged towards the double doors. The pair would have to make a break for it before the shopkeeper happened to discover their sudden appearance and label the pair as thieves - or worse, unveiling their true identities.

69David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm

squid.

squid.

David kept the smirk on his face, but he felt it quickly fade when he heard her words. Heat seemed to cover his cheeks as well as a red hue. "I-uh, um nothing," he said quickly, knowing that he sounded like some flustered schoolboy. Maybe that's exactly what he was. As much as he tried to hide it, he was still a young boy, even if he had grown up rather quickly. He wanted to run a hand through his hair, but he was worried of the fake locks coming off, so he kept himself from doing so. "We should go before someone finds us," he added. After all, her father was probably waiting for her, or maybe he was worried sick. He wanted to think he had someone waiting for him at home, but he honestly wasn't even sure if his sister was home. What if she was sent away?

70David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 am

wills

wills

Grace noted the ounce of scarlet swept over the apples of his cheekbones. Delicately, she smoothed the wrinkles out of the fine material of her dress and draped the coarse locks over her shoulders. "Let's go," she agreed, the notion splitting the air in a mere mumble. She wove a path around the dozens of racks that littered the shop and slipped through the opening. Within a few hours, she would reunite with her father; the prospect was mind-boggling, for she had accepted fate long ago. She had anticipated her very death, and yet, she defied the odds. Naturally, she looped her arm through David's; a beaming smile of adoration was etched across her features. The act would fool any passerby, for they would assume that the pair were a couple - not a pair of fugitives.

71David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:12 pm

squid.

squid.

David was glad that at least Grace was able to pull herself together. He was too smitten over her to actually think straight, and that wasn't a good thing. It wasn't like she would actually like him back anyway. He closed his eyes for a moment as he took a deep breath, following her out of the shop and into the crowded streets. The peacekeepers crawling the streets gave him a chill up his spine that he couldn't get rid of. "Let's get out of here as quick as we can," he whispered. The quicker he got her home, the better he would feel. It would also mean he would get to his own sister quicker. He just needed to keep that in mind.

72David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 pm

wills

wills

The city streets were heavily guarded; one false move and the peacekeepers would detect their true identities. A broad smile encompassed her cheeks as she waded through the compact streets. The disgruntled comment that pierced the air influenced the faintest chuckle to surpass her lips. "Don't have to tell me twice," she grumbled under her breath; she was antsy, awaiting the moment she would reunite with her father. Was he worried, dwelling over his daughter's wellbeing? Or was he even sober, alert enough to comprehend the chaos that had ensued? The possibilities were endless, and a spark of dread burned from within. A peacekeepers intent gaze captured her interest; he was eyeing the pair, and there was a spark of recognition. In an effort to deflect his curiosity, she spoke up once more. "Dear, we must hurry to the train before we miss the last stop. I don't want to miss the events from the games tonight," she mused, an air of confidence blanketing the notion. This deterred the peacekeeper, and he hurried on to patrol the area. "That was close," she whispered, her lips momentarily latched upon his ear as she spoke.

73David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 pm

squid.

squid.

David hurried down the streets, trying his best to hide his face from the passing peacekeepers. The fear of being caught was rising in his throat, creating a bitter taste he couldn't seem to get rid of. A taste he often related to the thought of never seeing his sister again. He was almost shocked as Grace leaned closer to him, but he understood why when the words came out of her mouth. He casually wrapped an arm around her, pulling her a little closer as if they really were a couple. "You should call me dear more often," he said playfully, the smirk clear as day on his features. It was astounding that he could be this casual when he had so much on the line, but that was usually how he coped with everything. If he could make someone-usually Caroline-laugh, he felt better about himself. As they continued on, the streets became less crowded, a sign that they were coming closer and closer to freedom.

74David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:03 pm

wills

wills

Warm air lulled the surrounding landscape, twisting fine golden locks about her face and kissing her pale skin. Beneath the exuberant smile that graced her lips, her heart pounded at an excruciating rate; the wig was caused quite the discomfort and the rough strands clung to her cheekbones. When an eye lingered a second too long, her heart lurched, and she resisted the urge to bolt from the sidewalk. His voice was tender and rough, easing the emotions that bubbled from within. A heated breath fanned against the slope of her neck, causing a slew of goosebumps to collect along the path. To the public, the relieved comment that trickled from her lips was merely a sweet proclamation - meant for her lover's ears alone, and no one dared to pry on the duo, for this was a private matter. Once the crowd dispersed, her shoulders slackened, and she rifled through her pockets. She had swiped a coin jar from the shop - a petty theft that was surely alert the peacekeepers' attention within the next twenty minutes. "They'll eventually notice we broke into the boutique," she noted through gritted teeth. "This should be enough to get us through until district three. Do you think you can make it the rest of the way home?"

75David and Grace - Page 3 Empty Re: David and Grace Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 am

squid.

squid.

David kept an arm around her, holding her close in a more protective way, trying his best not to look as worried as he felt. His heart was beating so hard he was sure it was about to pump out of his chest. As the crowd started to dissolve, he looked down at the coin she had in her hand, a smirk coming to his face. "Good thinking," he complimented, knowing that they would very well need the money. "Hopefully by the time they realize it, you will be home and I will be on my way," he said. While he was determined to get her home, he knew that it was still unsure if he would make it there. Traveling alone...it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but he knew that it was better than having her go with him. "I can sneak my way around. Maybe break into another boutique," he joked, a crooked smile coming to his lips. He paused for a moment, seeing that they were making their way out of the Capital. The next step was getting Grace home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum