Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games AU

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 18]

76 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Smirking slightly, Dominic imagined it and shook his head with a chuckle. If his parents had had a girl, he could imagine his father being the exact same way. More than likely, so would he. As she moved on to put in what she thought, he listened quietly. He knew she was right, but it still hurt to think of Naomi, even there with Riley right then. He hesitated, tracing the rim of the cup much like he would with a mug at the diner. "Before she died, she told me I deserved to be happy. She told me it wasn't my fault. But, I let her leave my house that late. She was tired....," he trailed, rubbing a hand over his face. "I don't know. I just miss her," he mumbled, "If she could have met you, she would have liked you. Not only because, uh, I like you, but because you are...different." A crooked smile slipped onto his face. The memories were bitter sweet. Luckily, the waiter came by with their platters of food and lied them carefully in front of them.

View user profile

77 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Riley gave him a small smile as she listened to him. She knew that it was probably hard for him to talk about his past girlfriend like that, but she was happy that he was doing it. "You know, she's right. You deserve to be happy, and you deserve so much more," she told him, and she believe every bit of it. Although she didn't think that she would get happiness. She was once told at the orphanage that some people were just born with tragedy in their blood. Maybe she was one of those people. She thanked the waiter when the food came, and she took hers.

View user profile

78 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:23 am

Dominic didn't believe her. But then again, he couldn't believe anyone if he continued to blame himself. He turned to his food and added soy sauce over the rice. He scooped a spoonful of rice into his mouth. After swallowing, he glanced to Riley thoughtfully. "So, seriously, you really haven't been on a date? I find that hard to believe," he said, tilting his head curiously. He was genuinely curious.

View user profile

79 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:30 am

Riley looked up at Dominic, and she could tell that he didn't believe her, but she honestly couldn't blame him. She blamed herself for years for her parent's death, and to be honest, she still did. When he asked the question, she blushed a bit. "Yeah, I never have. Guys just never took an interest in me. No guy has ever really flirted with me. I mean, unless you count the stupid pickup lines. I get those all the time."

View user profile

80 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:49 am

Dominic listened to her response in slight surprise; he hadn't expected that if he were honest, except for the lack of knowledge on how dates go, that is. He took another bite of his food and nudged the plate of sushi her way for her to try; he hadn't forgotten. Then again, he actually attempted to remember it. That was a new one. As she mentioned the pickup lines, he did his best to fake a frown. "Hey! I use those," he said, chuckling.

View user profile

81 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:11 am

Riley smiled when he pushed the sushi to her. She took her chopsticks, which she didn't even know how to use, and she picked one up after a few tries. "Do I just eat the whole thing?" she asked him with a laugh. "Do I dip it in anything?" she asked. She honestly had no idea what to do. When he talked about the pickup lines, she rolled her eyes. "Yes, I guess they actually worked for once. I should give you an award."

View user profile

82 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 am

Dominic suppressed a smile as she named off the questions. "Eat it whole, and no you don't dip it into anything," he answered, shaking his head as he tried to hide his growing smile. He ate his rice gingerly; he didn't even attempt to eat with the chopsticks. It was worthless. When she mentioned the pickup lines working, he chuckled and rolled his eyes. "I am just that smooth," he said with a smirk.

View user profile

83 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:06 am

Riley nodded as she listened to his instructions, and she ate the sushi whole. She look looked over at him after she ate it, and she let out a small laugh. "Well, it sure is different than anything I have ever had," she said, not really knowing how to describe it. She smirked when he spoke about the pickup lines. "I wouldn't call it smooth, but if that floats your boat," she said.

View user profile

84 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:10 am

Dominic chuckled at her reaction. It was better than her saying she hated it; he gave her that. He moved the plate back to him so he could take one for himself. "It's okay to be different," he said with his signature grin. He popped the sushi in his mouth and finished it off before taking a few long sips of the Coke. Arching a brow, he resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Well, it got me a date. So I believe it was pretty smooth," he answered.

View user profile

85 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:30 am

Riley smiled over at him, and she shrugged. "It is tht think of a feeling where I don't know if I like it or not," she said with a small laugh. "When was the first time you ate sushi?" She asked him. She took a few sips of her water, and she ate some more of her noodles. She couldn't help but laugh when he talked. "Really? Maybe I should just not react to your pickup lines," she said, and she smirked. "It will be hard though."

View user profile

86 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Dominic chuckled and suppressed a small smile. "I was around six. I told my mom that it looked stupid, and she made me eat it," he said, shaking his head. "Never say the word stupid, or she will make you clean, or in my case, eat the food," he continued, sighing. He took another sushi and spoke, "And joke was on her. I loved it." He then popped it into his mouth. Her next comment would have made him laugh if he didn't have food in his mouth. After swallowing, he said as seriously as he could, "Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile."

View user profile

87 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Riley listened to his story, and she couldn't help but laugh. "You are kidding," she said with a small laugh. "I'll keep that in mind when I meet her," she said, and she smiled at Dominic. She was glad to finally be happy, and Dominic actually seemed happy. When he said the pickup line, she blushed and rolled her eyes. "That had to be the cheesiest thing I have ever heard."

View user profile

88 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Dominic shook his head at her response. He was certainly not kidding. "You should," he agreed with a grin. He took a quick sip of his soda. He was happy for once. It had been a long time since he had felt so light. Her comment made him grin. "You reacted, so I am satisfied," he teased, shooting her a happy smile. He then paused and clasped his hands together. "So, uh, you want to meet them? My family I mean," he said sheepishly.

View user profile

89 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Riley laughed at his response, and she nodded lightly. She was going to make sure that she kept what he had said in mind. "Now I think I'm a bit scared to meet your mother," she joked, and she smiled up at him. She rolled her eyes when he commented on her reaction. "Who wouldn't react to something as cheesy as that?" she asked him, raising a brow. When he asked her, she nodded. "Yeah, I would like to, but are you sure they would like me?"

View user profile

90 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Dominic rolled his eyes and shrugged lightly. "Just avoid the word stupid, and you will be fine," he replied with a simple smile. Her comment only made him chuckle and shake his head. It was pretty cheesy, and he was surprised he got through it without bursting into laughter. Her question made him turn serious. "Yeah, I really think they will," he began, then paused. "As I have said, I haven't been very happy recently. Anyone who comes into my life and makes me happy....well they will be happy that I am. So," he trailed and shrugged.

View user profile

91 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:51 pm

Riley nodded, and she laughed along with him a bit. "I will try to keep that in mind," she said, and she looked down at her food which was almost gone. She hadn't eaten at well in a long time. Riley smiled, and she made another joke. "If you are going to be that cheesy, we are going to have some problems," she said with a smirk before she laughed. When he grew serious, so did she. She smiled lightly, and she nodded. "Well I hope they do. I can't wait to meet them," she said.

View user profile

92 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Chuckling, Dominic nodded and finished off his food. He turned his attention back to her as she played along with the jokes and held back a few chuckles. As the topic changed, he nodded and sent her a crooked smile. "Would you like to...tonight?" he requested. They may as well meet her; if she didn't have a family, he may as well stretch out to have her share his. The waiter came by with the bill, and he paid before lying a tip on the table. "Ready to go?"

View user profile

93 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Soon after Dominic, Riley finished her food. She was more than full. Maybe she could use her money now to get her an extra coat since the food that night would maybe last her another. As Dominic asked if she wanted to meet his family that night, she glanced at the ground. "Um, sure. Why not," she said, but she was nervous. She wasn't dressed to go see his family. Heck, she probably never would be. Her work clothes were the best thing that she had. She nodded when the waiter came by, and she stood up. "Yeah, I'm ready."

View user profile

94 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Dominic grinned lightly when she agreed to meeting his family. He was glad she was open to him. "Great, we can go now, then," he agreed as he took her by the wrist to lead her out to his car. He climbed in and waited for her before he peeled out of the drive to head to his house. He wasn't quite sure how his parents would take it, but he was hoping they would be happy to meet her. He was about to find out as he pulled into the driveway and killed the engine.

View user profile

95 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Riley tried her best to hide her nervousness as she walked with him to his car. She was really worried about what his family would think of her, but she tried her best not to think about it too much. When he came to his house, she bit her lip, and she got out, following him inside. Maddox looked over at the door when he heard it opened. "Dominic, how are you?" he asked, and then he noticed Riley. He was surprised to say the least. "Um, who is this?" he asked.

View user profile

96 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Dominic stepped inside as casually as he could; however, he had a hint of nervousness. When his father greeted him, he smiled sheepishly. "Good, good," he answered before turning to Riley. "Dad, this is Riley," he said. Moments later, his mother stepped out of the kitchen while towel drying her hands. Annalise had been making dinner. "Hey, sweetie," she greeted then glanced to Riley. "Oh, hello, I don't believe we have met. I'm Dominic's mother," she said, offering her hand. However, she did send a questioning, yet hopeful look to Dominic.

View user profile

97 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Riley sent a small smile to his father who was eyeing her questionably. She was starting to get worried. Maddox was looking at Riley, scanning her. Dominic wasn't the person to bounce back so quickly after Naomi's death, so he was a bit wary of her. Riley took his mother's hand and shook it. "Hi, I'm Riley," she said, and she looked up when she heard footsteps. Eren came down the stairs. "Hey Dominic, you want to play some-who is that?" he asked once he saw Riley. "How did she end up with you?" he asked.

View user profile

98 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Dominic smiled slightly nervous, but he could at least count on his mom to ease the tensions. However, that all changed when Eren came. He hesitated; he was unsure if it was meant as an insult or not. "This is Riley," he said as evenly as he could, offering a hesitant smile. His next question made him frown, however. "And what are you implying Eren?" he grumbled; but before Dominic could start fighting, Annalise smiled as hesitantly as she could. "It's nice to meet you, Riley," she murmured, then sent Eren a pointed look.

View user profile

99 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Rile gave Dominic a small smile, trying to ease the tension just a little bit. "It's nice to meet you teen Mrs. Kenway," she said, trying to ignore what his brother said. Eren placed his hand on the back of his neck nervously. "I didn't mean anything bad. It's just...she's really pretty. I mean, uh," he said, trailing off. He tried his best to think of a way to cover up his mistake. "So, you wanna join us for dinner?" he asked. Riley shook her head. "No thank you. We already ate."

View user profile

100 Re: Hunger Games AU on Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Dominic frowned slightly and opened his mouth to ask what he meant by that. But then decided it wasn't worth the fight. He, instead, turned to Riley and muttered out, "And this is my one and only brother, Eren. You are welcome to punch him if you would like." However, the look his mother gave him made him chuckle sheepishly. "Only kidding," he said with an eye roll. Hesitating another moment, he grabbed Riley by the hand. "Come on," he said, needing to get away from the awkwardness that was considered meeting his family. He didn't think it would go bad, and it didn't, but he would have hoped it would have gone better.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum