Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games AU

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

51 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Riley smiled as she saw him came up. She hung the phone up, and she followed him out. "Thank you," she said as he opened the door for her, and she got in. She buckled up, and she looked down at her clothes. She probably looked horrible. When did she not? She wondered what he even saw in her, but she wasn't going to ruin it and ask.

View user profile

52 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Dominic nudged her door closed and made his way into the driver's side. "So, we can go have some supper. Or a movie, or both?" he suggested with a half shrug. "We have a lot of options, so...," he trailed and a crooked smile slipped onto his face. He forgot what it was like to be on a first date. He was giddy but also nervous. And Dominic Kenway was never a nervous person. This was a new side of him.

View user profile

53 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Rile thought about it for a moment. She hadn't gone to the movies in such a long time. Not at least since her parents died. She had gone all the time back then. She didn't need to get all choked up on the first date, and she didn't want to look like she was just feeding off of him. "How about just dinner?" she suggested. She didn't have much money, but maybe enough to buy herself a small meal.

View user profile

54 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Dominic nodded at her suggestion. "Sounds good," he agreed as he drove towards town. This had went better than he had expected. He didn't feel the same heartbreak he felt for so long. He threw another glance over at her. "Is there anything in particular you want?" he asked, leaning back in his seat thoughtfully. There were many chained restaurants lined along the side.

View user profile

55 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Riley looked out the window, trying to find any restaurant that she thought sounded good since she never really ate out. She didn't have the money for it. "How about you pic. You probably know this place better than I do. I mean, probably something cheap. I don't have that much money," she told him. She planned on paying for her own food. She wasn't going to cost him any money.

View user profile

56 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Dominic threw a glance over at her and shook his head. "Riley, have you never been on a date?" It was a rhetorical question. "Don't worry about the cost. I'm paying," he added on as he drove along. He considered what sounded good before coming up to a Japanese place. "This sounds good," he said, shrugging before killing the engine and hopping out.

View user profile

57 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:02 pm

Riley glanced at the ground, and she shook her head at his question, even though she knew that he already knew the answer. It was more than obvious. She looked out the window as he came to a place, and she got out of the car. "This place looks nice," she said. She planned on getting something cheap, but she wasn't sure what all was going to be there. She looked over at Dominic. "Are you sure you want to pay? I don't mind," she said.

View user profile

58 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Dominic lead the way inside and turned to look to her. "Positive. This is a date," he answered, shrugging. "Besides, it would be rude," he added on as he headed inside and asked for a table for two. Since it wasn't busy, the waiter grabbed two menus and lead them to an empty booth. As he took a seat, he glanced to Riley. "So, tell me about yourself."

View user profile

59 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Riley smiled lightly. She hated for him to pay, but she wasn't going to say anything more. There was no reason to pester him anymore. He wasn't going to give in. She followed the waiter to the table, and she sat down. When he asked about her, and shrugged. "There isn't much to tell. I mean, my parents died when I was ten. House fire. My dad died in the house and then my mom went a couple days later in the hospital. I was stuck in the orphanage until I was sixteen. They kick me out, and I dropped out of school. I used to take honors. I've been working at the diner ever since then," she said.

View user profile

60 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Dominic felt a small pang. He couldn't imagine losing both of his parents so close together like that. Sighing, he rested his elbows against the table. Before he could speak, they were asked what they would like to drink. "Coke," he answered with a smirk slipping onto his face. After that, he returned his attention to Riley. "Well, you make my life sound amazing," he said. Yet, it was anything but. He was just seeing how amazing it could be.

View user profile

61 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Riley shrugged as he spoke. "I guess I have grown immune to talking about it. I try not to think about how disappointed in me they would be. I already dropped out, now I can't even feed myself," she said with a small sigh. She glanced up at the waiter as he came by. "Water please," she said to him. She looked over at Dominic. "Let's not make this about me. Tell me about yourself," she said. She wanted to know more about him.

View user profile

62 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:17 pm

As she turned the attention to him, Dominic rubbed his chin. "Well, my life isn't all....that significant," he said after a long moment. He dropped his palm onto the cold table; it must have been cleaned recently. It was understandable. "I am a senior, graduate in a few weeks," he began. "I have a younger brother, and of course my parents. I had a pretty great life for a while. Recently, my girlfriend died, car accident. I held her hand, watched her die," he muttered; his voice was barely above a whisper. His throat felt clogged, as if he had stuffed tissue down his mouth. Shaking his head, he cleared it. "Yeah, so you were right when you said I wasn't happy the other day."

View user profile

63 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Riley listened to his story, and she frowned a bit. No wonder he was feeling down the other day. She placed her hand over his. "I'm really sorry to hear that, but hey, we have each other," she said, trying not to sound pitying. She didn't want to pity him, and she was sure that he didn't want pity. Who did? She hated the looks that people gave her when she was little. That was why she shut herself out. That was why she didn't have friends after her parent's death.

View user profile

64 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Dominic slipped a small smile on his face. "You are right," he agreed before lifting his gaze as the waiter came by. He took his drink between his hands and waited for him to leave before turning back to Riley. "I don't know. It has just been pretty hard these past few weeks," he whispered, shaking his head. He missed her; it was evident. But it was getting better.

View user profile

65 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Riley thanked the waiter and took her drink, taking a few sips just to distract herself. "I bet it has," she said, and she glanced down at the menu. "So, tell me what your family is like," she said, and she leaned in, showing great interest. She wanted to get off of the sad topics and make him just a little bit happier. Maybe talking about his family would help him a bit.

View user profile

66 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Arching a brow, Dominic considered her question. "Well, where to start," he began, rubbing his chin. "My dad, pretty strict. Not very, but can be. He cares a bit too much. I guess I understand, but...," he trailed, growing quiet. He continued on with a half smile. "My mom isn't much different. Though, she is stubborn. We push each other's buttons a lot. I am told I am more like my grandfather than either of my parents," he muttered; he had been told that many times. Shaking his head, he continued, "Then my brother, well...he is just the odd ball."

View user profile

67 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Riley nodded as she listened to him talk about his family. She wanted to know more about him and his family. They seemed pretty cool. "How is your brother odd?" she asked him with a smile. "What is it even like to have siblings?" she asked him with a small laugh. She grew up as an only child, so sharing until she went to the orphanage was a very foreign thing to her.

View user profile

68 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Dominic rolled his eyes lightly as she listed off questions; he couldn't exactly blame her. "He is just too...nice," he replied, shaking his head. It was hard to describe his brother. They were the complete opposites. He, then, addressed her next question. "It's okay. Sometimes annoying. Okay, a lot of the time it is annoying. But I don't know. Don't think I could imagine a life without the guy."

View user profile

69 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Riley listened to him, and she couldn't help but laugh. "Too nice? I never knew that being nice was a bad thing," she said jokingly, and she smiled up at him. "He sounds amazing. I would love to meet him someday," she said, and she thought about what it might be like to meet his family. Just by the sound of his brother, he would like anyone, and maybe his parents would too.

View user profile

70 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Dominic rolled his eyes and muttered, "Well in my case, yeah there is." A crooked smile slipped onto his face. He took a long sip of the drink before cracking up the menu. The waiter came by; Dominic asked for a few minutes, so he turned and left again. He then brought his gaze up to Riley again as she continued on. A winning smile slipped onto his faze. "Yeah, you should," he agreed. He liked Riley; why wouldn't his family?

View user profile

71 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Riley laughed at what he said, and she smiled, looking down at the table to hide her blush. When he agreed that she should meet his family, she looked up. "Do you think they would like me? I mean, I'm not much," she said. She was worried that she wouldn't be enough for him. She glanced down at the menu quietly, trying to decide what she wanted to eat.

View user profile

72 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Dominic rolled his eyes at her question. "Trust me. If anyone, my mom will want to become the best of friends with you. She loves almost anyone who steps into the front door. Within a week, she would treat you like her own child," he said, chuckling as he shook his head. He then dropped his gaze down to the menu. After a quick evaluation, he decided something as simple as rice and cooked sushi would do just fine for him. When the waiter came back by, he ordered what he wanted first, just in case Riley hadn't decided yet.

View user profile

73 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Riley laughed when he talked about his mother. "My mom would be the same. She loved anyone that she met, and they loved her back. She was just so personable. I wish I was like her so much," she said, trying her best not to show any emotion. When the waiter came, and ordered some simple noodles with a side of rice. When the waiter left, she looked over at Dominic. "Can I try some of your sushi? I've never had it and I didn't want to order it and not like it," she said with a small laugh.

View user profile

74 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Dominic smiled as she described her own mother; he would have loved to meet her, given the chance. But she was dead. He felt bad he wouldn't be able to meet her family. "I would have loved to meet her," he murmured as the waiter retreated to the back to put in their orders. Her question made him chuckle. "Sure. It isn't too bad," he answered. He liked it, and even if she didn't, at least she tried something different.

View user profile

75 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Riley smiled as she listened to him. "She would have loved to meet you. My dad on the other hand," she began with a laugh,"he's a different story. I was always close with him, so he would more than likely be on the porch with a shotgun when you drop me off," she joked, and she smiled to herself. "I know that we are supposed to be talking about happy things, but I need to say this. I think it's important to talk about the ones you love that are gone. We don't need to obsess over them and make things worse, but we need to go about it in a way that keeps their memories alive and helps us," she said, and she leaned back in her chair.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum