Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games AU

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 18]

26 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 am

{to when?

View user profile

27 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:30 am

{Maybe like a week and he goes back or maybe they just see each other?

View user profile

28 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:07 am

Throughout the week, all Dominic could think about was the girl he met....Riley. She made him happy; he could at least admit that. However, he didn't understand why he wanted to go see her. Sure, he wanted to keep the happiness going, but it was more of a need than a want. He parked in the diner's driveway and headed inside. Maybe it was the fact she took his mind off of Naomi; maybe it was because she understood him. Either way, it just helped him.

View user profile

29 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:11 am

Over the week, Riley had a hard time. Tip were getting less usual, and that meant that food was as well. She was obviously smaller, but it wasn't like anyone would notice. The people who came in almost everyday before word would ask her about it, but she just brushed it off. The nights were getting colder, and she only had her thin coat that didn't help very much. She up as she heard the bell by the door, and she didn't ever look up as she said hello. She poured a few more cups of coffee before she went over to the person who had walked in. She smiled when she saw him. "Oh, hey Dominic. It's good to see you again," she said, pulling out her note pad and pen.

View user profile

30 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:52 am

Dominic cracked a small smile. Really, that was all he needed. One simple look was enough for him. He crossed his ankles under the table and ran a hand through his hair out of habit. "Hey, Riley. Same that I had last time. Coffee black, please," he requested. He took note of how thin she looked; he hadn't meant to notice it. But then again, he hadn't meant to come back either.

View user profile

31 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 am

Riley put down her pad and pen, and she gave him a small smile before she handed him a cup and filled it with coffee. "Sure you don't want any pie? Freshly made this morning," she told him, giving off a small laugh. "I probably sound really annoying," she told him. She was just glad that he was back. He really did help her, but she wasn't sure why. Was it because he was like her?

View user profile

32 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 am

Dominic arched a brow and took a long sip of coffee. "Who makes pie this early in the morning? Then again, I could actually seeing my mom doing that," he muttered, chuckling softly. He then shook his head and lifted his gaze to Riley. "Maybe just a slice," he agreed after a moment. He wasn't much of a "pie" person; but if it required Riley to talk to him, then so be it. He took another quick sip of his coffee before lying it down with a gentle clank.

View user profile

33 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:09 am

Riley smiled when he agreed to getting some pie. She quickly got a plate and put a place on it before getting him a fork and a napkin. She placed it in front of him. After a moment, she smirked. "I make pie this early in the morning," she said. She watched him as he was about to take the first bite. "I hope that's not the one I dropped on the floor this morning," she said casually. She looked at him before a moment before she laughed. "I'm kidding."

View user profile

34 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 am

Dominic grabbed the fork and was about to take a bite when he heard Riley's comment. He paused and moved the fork away from his mouth. "Which proves my point, one should not make pie early in the morning," he grumbled. However, the sour expression changed when she told him she was kidding. "Aren't you the funniest ray of sunshine?" he grunted before taking a bite. It was good either way. After placing his fork down on the plate, he gulped down a quick drink of coffee. "Tell me, Riley, do you happen to be on the menu?"

View user profile

35 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:19 am

Riley smirked at his expression when she said that she was kidding. "I really am you know. Mornings are just my thing," she said sarcastically. She smiled when it seemed to be good. When he spoke, she rose a brow. "Excuse me?" she said after a moment. "I haven't heard that one, I'll give you said," she said. She leaned on the counter, looking up at him. "And I just might be on the menu. You just have to look," she said with a smirk before she went off to another costumer.

View user profile

36 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 am

Dominic chuckled at her response. He rolled his eyes and was about to explain when she continued. He arched a brow and held back a laugh. He hadn't felt so alive in what felt like years. "I may just had to order the Riley special then," he said with an eye roll. He returned to his pie as she left and took a drink of the coffee. Only one other person had made him feel so happy, so great. He couldn't express how he felt. He couldn't put it into words. But he knew one thing, he was grateful.

View user profile

37 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Riley worked, taking a few more orders before she was able to go back to Dominic. "So, have you decided if you want the Riley special? I will warn you, it is the most expensive thing on the menu," she told him. She hadn't been this happy in so long. She was usually thinking about her parents or when her next meal was going to be, but somehow Dominic took all of her worries away.

View user profile

38 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Dominic smirked and lifted his gaze to her. "Actually yes. To go, please?" He arched a brow and held back another laugh. For the first time in a month, he didn't think about Naomi. He felt like Dom, the sarcastic but loving guy. Not Dominic, the cool, moody Denny downer. He took another swig of the coffee and shot a glance over at her and winked. He actually winked! It was a rare, odd occasion.

View user profile

39 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Riley was surprised by his answer, but what surprised her even more was the blush that came to her cheeks. "Dominic Kenway, are you asking me out?" she asked him with a small smirk. Was this guy really wanting to go on a date with her? Guy never showed a true interest in her. Just a few bad pickup lines. She blushed even more when he winked. Guys never did that to her!

View user profile

40 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Dominic grinned slightly at that. "Well, Riley Taylor, I believe I am," he replied with a wide grin. What had come over him? One minute, he was a walking zombie. The next he was a grinning fool. He really needed a balance. He dropped his gaze to his plate of food to hide his simple smirk. Maybe this was good for him. He needed to move on and branch out. Naomi wouldn't have wanted him to sulk all day just because she died. She was a kind and caring person. She would want him to move on and love the person he moved on too. And who said it had to be official; maybe it would turn into something special, maybe it wouldn't. He just needed to be happy, and he realized that now. And Riley made him, for some unearthly reason, happy.

View user profile

41 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Riley glanced down at the ground, and she blushed when he spoke. So he was asking her out. "Well, I don't have lockup duty tonight. I get off at six. Is that good for you?" she asked him. She couldn't believe that he was actually asking her out! A guy, a living and breathing male, was taking a true interest in her! That was a once in a lifetime thing!

View user profile

42 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Dominic grinned when she replied. He nodded and pulled out his wallet. "If you need to, call my number on a pay phone. Just in case. But I will be here. Six o'clock," he said as he scrawled his number down and handed her some change. He then nodded toward her and asked, "May I have the bill please?" He planned on giving her another decent tip. He didn't ask about her skinniness, but she needed it by the looks of it.

View user profile

43 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Riley nodded to what he said, and she graciously took the change. "Thanks Dominic," she said, and she quickly wrote him up the bill. She took his dishes in return and started to clean them. Once she was finished, she walked back over to him, and she smiled. "Six o'clock," she said once more. She just couldn't wait! She felt as if she was on cloud nine. Nothing could ruin her day. Nothing in the world.

View user profile

44 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Dominic pulled out the money and placed it over the bill. It was a decent tip; he hoped she would be able to use it wisely. "Six o'clock," he agreed as he stood. He sent her a grin before walking out. He would need to get home and get ready. He hadn't been on a date in a while; he hadn't talked to a girl in a while, or anyone really. He couldn't imagine what he looked like with a wide grin. He drove home and climbed out happily. "Six o'clock," he whispered to himself.

{six o'clock *spongebob voice*

View user profile

45 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm

{xD wanna timeskip?

View user profile

46 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:15 pm

{sure could you start?

View user profile

47 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Riley was finally able to get off of her shift, but she was a few minutes late. She took her tips, and she glanced down at the paper that had Dominic's number on it. She raced to the nearest payphone, and she put the change that he had given her into the machine. She dialed his number and waited for what seemed like forever. What if he changed his mind? What if he didn't like her? She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She just needed to shut up and calm down.

View user profile

48 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Dominic stared at his cracked reflection. His face was cut into from the mirror's reflection, so there was no accuracy there. However, he thought he still looked good. He sighed. He seemed ridiculous, but he hadn't had to worry about how he looked for so long. After another long moment, he headed off. As he got in his car, his phone started buzzing. Oh. He had taken more time than he had thought. He answered and pressed the phone to his ear as he headed off. "Hello?" he answered, speeding up so he could pick her up.

View user profile

49 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Riley grew more nervous as the moments passed by. She sagged with relief when she heard Dominic answer the phone. "Hey, I was just wondering if you were still up for the date," she said. She wondered if he really wanted to go with her. No guy had ever shown an interest in her, so why should he start? "If you are then I'm at the nearest payphone to the diner. I didn't have time to change so I'm still on my work clothes," she said.

View user profile

50 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Dominic half smiled even though she couldn't see it. He felt bad he was running late, but at least he had given her his number so she wouldn't be waiting. "Yeah, I'm on my way now," he replied. He could then see her by the pay phone, so he hung up. He came to a halt off to the side and let the car idle as he hopped out. "Hey," he greeted before opening the passenger door for her.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum