Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games AU

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1 Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

The alternate universe of our hunger games roleplay.

Last edited by ~unbeatable squid~ on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 pm

{fabulosooooo......who starts?

View user profile

3 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Riley was wearing her normal work outfit, but she hated it o much. It was a knee length dress with an apron on it. As she worked behind the counter, filling coffee cups and handing out the food, she kept looking back at the small tip jar. That tip jar was the one thing that put food on her table. Well, she didn't have a table, but it was more of a metaphorical sense. She sighed and tucked a loose hair behind her ear.

View user profile

4 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Dominic was a wreck; okay, to say he was a wreck was not only horrible but an understatement. He rarely left his room, and when he did, it was for school. Even then, he didn't care too much. He was graduating soon anyway. Either way, he had lost his girlfriend in a car accident a few weeks before. He acted as if he were okay. He forced a smile to his family and friends, but deep down he was broken. He wasn't the easy going Dominic anymore. He had always had a sarcastic quip but now it was masked by anger. He stood in front of the broken mirror in his room. He had had a few anger problems as well; he hid it well mos of the time. He stared at his reflection. He was a familiar stranger; he looked the same, only hollower. Without Naomi, he was just Dominic. He had been Dom, the amazing guy, when Naomi was in his life. Letting out an angry huff, he stalked out of his bedroom. "Going to meet some friends," he called to no one in particular. It wasn't a lie; he was going to see a friend, but later. And she was more than a friend to him. But she was also dead. He dunked into his car and sped down the highway. He peeled into a diner and stalked inside. He didn't even acknowledge anyone as he took a seat. His back was pressed against the hard wood of the chair he was sitting on. However, everything came to a halt when he saw her. All of his anger, rage, and sorrow left just for an instant. He hadn't looked at a girl quite like that since Naomi had died. And he hated it.

View user profile

5 Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Riley had been in the middle of cleaning on of the tables when she heard the bell by the door ring. "Hello," she said quietly, but she said it to everyone who walked in. She jogged back to the counter, and she looked over at him. "What can I get you? A coffee, pie? Our burgers our good," she said. "I could slip something in the drink if you would like. You look like you need it," she said, and she grabbed her pen and notepad. "Sorry, I should just keep my mouth shut sometimes. Anyway, what would you like?"

View user profile

6 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Dominic furrowed his brows and was about to make a snide comment, but then frowned. "Coffee, black," he said simply, running a hand over his face. "And your number," he added in sarcastically, shaking his head. He had to supply it in. He was Dominic Kenway for a reason. He rested his head back against the booth and huffed.

View user profile

7 HUnger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Riley didn't bother to write down his order. She turned to face her back to him as she made his coffee. She put it in a mug and gave it to him. "You don't know how many times I get that a day," she said with the roll of her eyes. She looked over at him, and she sighed. "It's much easier to tell them to go down the street than tell them that I don't even have a phone," she said, but then her eyes widened as she realized what she had said.

View user profile

8 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Dominic snickered as he took the coffee. He held it between his hands as he listened to her. He arched a brow at her response then shrugged. "How lovely," he grumbled in the per usual Dominic manner. He took a long drag of the coffee. "I am tired of pretending, you know?"  he muttered with a shake of his head. He feigned a smile and everyone agreed he was fine. Everyone was oblivious. "I mean, here I am flirting with you when I don't even know you. This is me pretending to be fine," he grumbled, now more to himself. Yet, he wouldn't have flirted with her if hadn't found her attractive. But that was besides the point.

View user profile

9 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Riley sighed, and she looked over at Dominic as he spoke. "You know, lots of people may be oblivious to you, but I can see it clear on your face. I guess it just takes one to know one," she said to him before she had to scurry off to another order. She came back a few minutes later with the pot of coffee in her hands. "You want some more?" she asked him, and without waiting for a reply, she pour more into his cup. "What I mean is that I an tell a fake smile form a real one. There is something that is in the eyes with a real one. But people like you and me, we just see smiling as using another muscle that is supposed to have some emotion behind it. There's nothing."

View user profile

10 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Dominic narrowed his eyes but he knew he wasn't upset. She was right. He was tired of faking his happiness. So far, it hadn't gotten him anywhere. He downed some of the coffee. It only succeeded in giving him energy, but it was a distraction. When she returned, he tilted his head. He was about to object but it didn't matter. She already refilled it. "Oh?" he asked, raising his brows. He raked a hand through his hair. "You aren't wrong but it isn't like I talk about it," he muttered. Dropping his arms by his side, he rested his gaze on Riley. "So I take it lacking a phone isn't the catalyst for your emotions," he said thoughtfully.

View user profile

11 Re: Hunger Games AU on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Riley looked over at Dominic. She glanced him over for a couple of moments. She wondered what had happened to him to make him like that, but it wasn't like she was going to ask him. He more than likely didn't want to talk about it, and she didn't want to make his mood worse. "You think I don't know that," she said with a small smirk. She hated to admit it, but she was so much alike with this guy. When he spoke again, she let out a forced laugh. "Yeah, it's my only worry," she joked, rolling her eyes. "I wish it was the least of my worries," she said.

View user profile

12 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:01 am

Dominic leaned back against the booth seat and sucked down some more of the coffee. He then crossed his arms over his chest. "I have a good family. Good home. But," he trailed and shook his head. "No one really understands," he muttered, sighing. It wasn't like anyone in his family had lost someone important to them. "Well I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Dominic Kenway," he said as he offered his hand.

View user profile

13 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 am

Riley watched him for a moment or two longer. She smiled, and she shook his hand. "I'm Riley Taylor," she told him, and she looking around, making sure that no one else would hear. She didn't need anymore pity. "And I have no family and no home. I guess you can say that I have heard all the condescending lines in the book," she said, and she sighed to herself. "I don't need them though. I don't expect anything from you like that. I like that," she told him with a small smirk.

View user profile

14 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 am

Dominic dropped his hand by his side after they shook. He rested his elbows against the table as she replied. He arched a brow and shrugged his shoulders. "The one thing I cared about. Well, she is gone," he said under his breath. He hadn't meant to say that, not to a complete stranger. But maybe it was better he did. He had been holding it in for so long. "I took it for granted. My time with her," he whispered, chastising himself. He blamed himself over and over again. He was convinced it was his fault that he lost her. "I am not looking for pity or sympathy or any of that crap. I guess I just needed to say it," he added on within a few minutes.

View user profile

15 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:23 am

Riley poured him just a little bit more coffee it make it look like she was actually working. Her boss didn't take kindly t her, so he really wouldn't like it if she looked like she wasn't working. As she listened to him, she tried to imagine it herself. She wanted to say that at least he had his family, but that sounded like something someone who he hated would say. It sounded selfish to them, but they didn't understand the grief. "I understand that. I haven't really told anyone about the no home part. They kicked me out once I was able to get a job and drive," she said with a small sigh. "The idiots were so kind as to think that I could even afford a car."

View user profile

16 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:30 am

Dominic traced the rim of the cup as he listened to her. He understood, and he saw how her life wasn't the greatest. So they both were disheartened. Go figure. "So far, faking a smile has gotten me far so far. Who knows, maybe I can fool myself into being happy too," he muttered, sighing. He took a long drink of the coffee before pulling out his wallet. "Well Riley, as much as I would love to spill my sorrows with you. I don't think I should get you fired. May I have the check?" he asked as he pulled out a was of cash.

View user profile

17 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:36 am

Riley watched him for a moment. His movements seemed to mesmerize her for some unknown reason. When he spoke, she shook her head. "I don't think you can fake happiness. I mean. maybe to the people around you, but if you try to tell yourself that you are happy, it just doesn't work," she told him. She nodded when he asked for the check, and she quickly wrote it out. She tore it off and handed it to him. "Here you go," she said.

View user profile

18 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 am

Dominic glanced over the check before counting out the money. There would be a good bit of change left. He handed the money as well as the signed check to her. "Keep the change," he said simply as he stuffed his wallet into his pocket. "You need it more than I do. Save up for a car or something," he said with a simple shrug. He felt a pang; going to get coffee was so normal. Without Naomi, it was like a punch in the gut though. "Thanks for the, er, talk," he added with a sheepish smile.

View user profile

19 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:44 am

Riley glanced down at the money when he gave it to her. Her eyes widened. "Are you sure?" she asked him, but she knew the answer already. "Uh, thanks," she said, and she bit her lip. She rarely got tips, so this was something big for her. "Um, yeah. Bye Dominic. Maybe we can talk another time," she said before she grabbed something and started to wipe down the tables and clean his dishes.

View user profile

20 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 am

Dominic just nodded in response. It wasn't like he had use for the money. He used to spend it on Naomi. Now, it had no purpose. "Don't mention it. See ya," he called before filing out of the diner. He felt just a bit better. He had expected to feel no different than he had when he had walked in. He was wrong. As he climbed into his car, he debated on whether he should actually go to the grave or not. He decided against it as he swerved to head back home. Going to Naomi's grave would be like a slap in the face after the struggle he had to mention it to someone. While he was feeling better, he may as well maintain it. He came to a screeching halt at his house and headed inside.

View user profile

21 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:55 am

Maddox looked out of the window when he saw Dominic's car. He went outside to greet him. He did it every time he came back ever since Naomi died. "Hey. How was it?" he asking, just expecting the usual answer of "fine." Riley spend the rest of her evening working, and even late at night. As everyone else was gone, she counted up the money. Once she was finished, she took her tips and locked the doors. It was a cold night. Maybe the money from the tips would be enough to get a better coat, or was hunger more important? She sighed, and she walked around for anything to eat, but she found nothing that she could afford with the small amount of money. She would just go another night hungry. She then walked to the small alleyway that she stayed in and tried her best to fall asleep.

View user profile

22 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

Dominic climbed out of his car and glanced up as Maddox came strolling out. He raked a hair through his dark hair. "It went....well..," he finally answered, shrugging. No, he didn't feel completely like himself. But he felt...better. It was progress. He didn't feel like such a lost puppy. He threw a glance at his father and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He knew he was only concerned but it wasn't like Dominic couldn't handle himself. Okay, that was a lie. His life was a mess. But he was working on it. It would get better in time. Or that was what he continued to tell himself. Maybe he should have...no he wasn't going to move on if he continued to visit her grave.

View user profile

23 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:12 am

Maddox raised a brow when he heard Dominic's response. It was different, and he was glad that he was showing some progress. "Well is good," he aid after a moment, and he walked over to him. "So, Eren was wondering if you would like to play some football out in the yard with him today. You know he has been dying for weeks, and he's getting tired of me," he said, and he offered him a smile. He just wanted his son to be happy.

View user profile

24 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:20 am

Dominic stopped in the doorway of the house and threw a glance back at his father. He wanted to object and retire up to his room. But that wouldn't help his facade. Maybe it wasn't even a facade anymore. Maybe he can get better. "Uh, yeah sure," he agreed, running a hand through his hair. "I will," he agreed with a simple shrug. He headed inside. He threw his keys down on his desk and was about to turn but stopped when he caught sight of the single picture he had of him and Naomi. He reached out and crumbled it between his palms. After chunking it in the trash, he tugged off his hoodie to reveal just a plain t shirt underneath. After settling down, he went off to talk to Eren. May as well get it over with. Maybe it won't be so bad as he was making it out to be.

View user profile

25 Re: Hunger Games AU on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:26 am

Maddox watched his son with a sigh. He hated it so much for him. He closed the door behind him, and he walked over to his wife. He wrapped his arms around her, and he kissed her head. Eren was sitting on the couch, working on his homework. He didn't expect his brother to play football with him at all.

{want to skip? I want more Dom and Riley.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum