Lifeclan And Deathclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games War

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:39 am

wills

wills

Ann glanced up as Aspen spoke. She mentally cursed and went to discard her food before running to step into line. She was nervous about what was going to happen. "You mean run, as in, a very quick jog, right?" she asked, hopefully. She knew that that was far off, however. She was in for a long struggle ahead of her. She was not ready for this. Not at all. Drake frowned at that. If Ann wasn't in her room, she was normally in Dimitri's. She was always keeping an eye on him. He was growing worried, and it wasn't helping that Dimitri was having a cough attack. At the question, he furrowed his brows in confusion. "No, I didn't."

27Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:45 am

squid.

squid.

Aspen was in the middle of making sure at all the men were there when Ann spoke. "You are kidding me, right?" he asked her, trying his best not to laugh too much, but it was getting pretty hard. "We are in no way, shape, or form going to jog. When I say we are going to run, I mean run," he said, and he started off running, motioning for the men behind him to follow. "Come on! If you fall behind you have clean up duty for the next week!" Dimitri coughed a bit more, trying to calm himself down, but nothing was working. He was dying. "It isn't there," he managed to say quietly.

28Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:51 am

wills

wills

Ann, what the hell did you get yourself into? Ann thought to herself before she quickly went running after them. She could already feel her muscles burning, and her lungs felt like they were on fire. When she volunteered for this, she never thought what she was actually getting herself into. But she was going to keep up with the boys. If she was going to act as a boy, she was going to run as a boy. She picked up the pace. Drake frowned and looked around for where the notice could have went. "You don't think...," he began, but he didn't have to say it. He knew. Because it had Ann written all over it.

29Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:58 am

squid.

squid.

Aspen ran with the rest of the guys, not even looking to make sure that they were keeping up. He honestly loved running. He got to see everything, and everything was beautiful. He soon finished, and he was sweating a bit, but it didn't bother him at all. "Everyone pick a partner! We will be testing your sword skills," he said, and he picked up a fake one that he had. Dimitri coughed more, but he knew what his father meant. "I know she did," he managed to say before he went into another coughing fit, unable to breathe.

30Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:04 am

wills

wills

Ann was huffing and puffing by the time that they finally stopped. She leaned forward with her hands placed on her knees. She was struggling to regain her breath when Aspen spoke once more. Great...this was just great. She was like her father in many ways, but she hadn't gained his ability to weld swords so easily. She grabbed one nonetheless. Drake let out a long sigh and shook his head instantly. "She is going to get herself killed!" he muttered.

31Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:13 am

squid.

squid.

Aspen watched them all, and when the commotion seemed to settle down, and he looked down at them. "Okay, today we will be working on defense," he said, and he grabbed another fake sword. He couldn't help but smirk. "Sherwood, get up here," he said, and he tossed one to her. "Now, swing at me. I know you have been dying to ever since we met," he said, and he gripped his sword tightly. Dimitri soon stopped, and he closed his eyes, trying to regain his strength. "It's all my fault," he said quietly. If he wasn't sick, she wouldn't have gone.

32Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 am

wills

wills

Ann bit her lip nervously as he mentioned what they would be doing. She wished she had her father with her when it came to moments like these. He would help her so much. It was just her luck that he happened to pick her. She flailed to catch the sword before stepping up. "So you think you can read me, huh?" she asked in response, arching her brows. She waited a moment before she swung at him with the sword. Drake shook his head and glanced over at Dimitri. "It's not your fault. She probably would have done it anyway. She is so stubborn," he muttered. Yet, he was worried sick about her.

33Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 am

squid.

squid.

Aspen smirked as he watched her, and when she spoke, he couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, I can," he said, and right when he swung, he defensively moved his sword to block her. He pushed her sword out of the way with his and then swung at her, stopping right before he would hit her. "See how it's done?" he asked her in a low whisper. Dimitri looked up at his face. She knew that he was right, but he couldn't help feeling guilty. "Dad, what are we going to do? We can't just march in and demand for her to come back," he said weakly.

34Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:35 pm

wills

wills

Ann's eyes widened in shock. She had heard a lot about her dad being a great swordsman. And after the way Aspen had just deflected her swing and made his move, she realized she would be a dead woman without some serious training. At his words, she gripped her sword a bit tighter. "Once a Sherwood, always a Sherwood. I've got it," she replied just as lowly. Drake frowned and paced the room. "We could. They can't let her fight! She...she is a girl!" he muttered. But he then ran a hand through his hair. "Why couldn't I have gone?" he muttered under his breath.

35Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen watched her for a moment, and he backed up, taking her sword. "Go back," he said to Ann. He then looked at the cadets. "The way to block is to watch you opponents eyes. They will never fail when aiming. If you watch their sword, they could fake you out. Knowing this could be the difference between life and death for you," he said, and he handed them all fake swords. "Take turns trying to block each other. I'll watch and critique," he said before stepping back. Dimitri looked over at his father. "We can't. She'll get in trouble," he said, and he paused a moment. "Uncle Maddox is in the army. Maybe he can get her."

36Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:07 pm

wills

wills

Ann gave him a hard stare but simply nodding and backing up. She stepped back into line and crossed her arms over her chest. "Stare into the eyes, not the sword," she repeated to herself. She stared down at the sword before listening to his instructions. She felt her stomach turn. She was no fighter. She would end up dying in battle. But at the end of the day, it was better her than Dimitri. She turned to find a partner. Drake let out a long sigh. He knew Dimitri was right, but this was still his daughter. His children were his world, and if they died, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself. "Maybe so," Drake agreed finally. He had never been fond of Maddox, but that might be due to the fact that he had always been competition.

37Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen was in the middle was watching the cadets, mainly Ann. Something about her intrigued him. Maybe it was the fact that she was different than the other men. He was watchin her rather intently when someone walked up to him. "Commander Kenway has requested to come and vist to see how you are training your squadron," a soldier said. Aspen sighed, and he ran a hand through his hair. "The guy is always watching me. Can't he just trust me? Sure, tell him he can come," he said. Kenway was always correcting him. So what if he was younger. He knew what he was doing. Dimitri glanced at his father. "I'll write him a letter. I'll make sure he checks in on Ann," he said before coughing. He needed to get better quick.

38Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

wills

wills

Ann was getting better, if that is what she could call it. Basically, she was just managing not to get her attacks deflected every time. And for her, that was a job well done. She glanced over to see Aspen watching her, which ended up in having her have a "hit." Focus Ann! She turned back to do her work. But once again, she grew distracted when she saw Aspen talking with someone. She shook her head and went back to work. She needed to remain focused. Drake shook his head and muttered, "I can write it. You aren't well enough," he replied. He didn't care what Dimitri thought. He wasn't well enough for it.

39Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:16 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen watched the cadets, and he sighed to himself. He had a lot of work on his hands. He glanced at the other soldier. With Maddox coming and the cadets hang no idea what they were doing, he had a lot of stress. He then spoke to the soldier. "Get me some scotch. I'm going to need it," he said, and he ran his hand through his hair. "Focus, Sherwood," he told her. He let then paractce for about thirt minutes before speaking again. "Alright, we will work on this tomorrow. I have someone coming to watch me teach you, so you better do good. If not, there will be hell to pay," he said. Dimitri looked up at his father, and he gave him a small nod. He wanted to do more, but he was too weak to do anything. "Dad, what if I don't get better?"

40Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:35 pm

wills

wills

Ann let out a long breath when Aspen spoke once more. She should have expected that. She was going to be targeted, regardless. No matter how hard she tried. That was fine. It only fueled the fire. She needed to do this. Not just for herself, but her family. When he called out once more, she turned and dropped her aching arms to her side. She felt sweaty and gross, and she especially didn't feel like a girl. But that was the whole entire point, right? Drake frowned at Dimitri's words. "Don't talk like that. If there is one thing I do know, Ann didn't do this for no reason. She did it to save you, and you can't go and die now."

41Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen looked at the men, and he sighed. He could only have hope that he would be able to train them to fight. They needed to win that war. "Now we will be working on guns. Today is just learning how it works. Tomorrow will be aiming," he said, and he picked one up. "Rule one to even having a gun is to understand it. This isn't some toy. This is a real weapon. This can take away someone's life. This can take away a father from children," he said, and he gave them a hard look at first before handing each of them one. Dimitri looked up at his father. He knew that he was right, but he couldn't help but feel like he was going to die. He wasn't getting any better, and he hadn't told anyone this, but he was feeling worse.

42Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 pm

wills

wills

Ann frowned slightly as he talked about the gun. She felt her stomach turn at the thought. She had only used a gun once, and it had been for shooting cans. But shooting an actual person with it? She could barely imagine it. Yet, she knew she would have to. It was between living and dying. When she was handed one, she tried to remain standing tall. She could feel the severity of the situation. She had to pay attention now more than ever. Drake sighed and sat down across from Dimitri. "Please just try not to give up. For us, all right?" he asked. He already felt as if Ann were gone, and that killed him inside enough.

43Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:33 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen watched the men for a moment before continuing. "What you have before you is what you will mainly use in battle. You see this? This part is the part you put against your shoulder. Hold it tightly to reduce the kick. And these, these are your bullets," he said, and he started to hand them out. The bullets alone looked like they could kill. "You see this? This is called a magazine. This holds all of your bullets," he said, and he then passed one out to everyone. Dimitri closed his eyes but he nodded. "I'll try," he said. He hated how he was getting worse. He would die before Ann got back. "Should we go to the doctor again?"

44Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:48 pm

wills

wills

Ann tried to pay attention. She felt like she was back in school, and that alone sent her into boredom land, as she liked to call it. She listened to the instructions, or tried. She was doing her best. As he handed out the bullets, she felt her stomach do a flip flop. This really was serious. She tightened her clammy hands against the gun. She felt the nervousness pick up a bit. "What if...what if we don't want to use it," she spoke up, then immediately regretted it. She stuck her foot in her mouth again. Drake nodded and dropped his gaze to the ground. That was the best he could ask for. At the question, he paused. "Do you think that is the best idea?"

45Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:57 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen was in the middle of passing everything out when he heard someone speak up. Of course that person was Sherwood. He walked over to her and loomed over her. "What if you don't want to? What if you are face to face with someone, and the determining factor of whether you live or die or whether your friend lives or dies is that gun? Then will you use it?" he asked, glaring at her the entire time. "I expect better from you Sherwood," he said, shoving the magazine at her. Dimitri glanced at the ground when his father spoke. He knew that he probably didn't want to, but they needed to know. "I have got to find out what is wrong with me, Dad."

46Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:20 pm

wills

wills

Ann tried not to flinch and attempted to stand taller. He made a point, but that didn't make her feel much better. Killing people had never been on her bucket list. Yet, she knew she needed to let it all go. She needed to be Dimitri. She needed to be strong. She clutched the gun a bit tighter and did the best salute she could manage. "Sir, yes, sir," she whispered. Drake nodded slowly and stood. He honestly wasn't looking forward to it, but Dimitri was right. He wasn't going to get any better if they just sat back. "All right. Do you think you will be able to make it?"

47Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:26 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen narrowed his eyes at her and kept his cold gaze on her for a while longer before he went back to his gun and started to talk about how to load the bullet and how to load the magazine into the gun. He hadn't really thought about what Dimitri said. He was probably just cold and ruthless. He never thought twice before pulling his trigger. He always just acted. He was one to shoot and ask questions later. Dimitri thought about it for a moment. Would he be able to make it? He could sure try. He slowly tried to get up, but he was still pretty weak.

48Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:33 pm

wills

wills

Ann bit her lip and let out a shaky breath. She was going to have to work harder. She was going to have to act faster. She was going to have to learn how to do this. She realized that she really wanted to survive. She glanced at Aspen and stood taller, even though she was the shortest person there. She was going to pose the biggest threat. She was going to have to. Drake frowned as he watched his son try to get up. He knew it wasn't worth the struggle. "Hold on," he muttered as he leaned over and picked him up. It wasn't going to be the easiest task, but Drake was pretty buff. It wasn't something he couldn't handle.

49Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:01 pm

squid.

squid.

Aspen soon finished, and he looked at his men. By then it was almost sundown. "Alright, I want you all to get your dinner and get to bed early. Sherwood, we need to talk," he said, and he motioned her over to his tent. He was going to have to talk to her about her odd behavior. If she was going to continue that, he would have to send her home. He soon came to his tent, and he sat down, waiting for Ann. Dimitri was struggling, but soon his father came over and picked him up. He draped his arms over his father's shoulder. He probably looked too weak to even breathe, but that was how he felt. It was getting harder and harder to even get in a breath.

50Hunger Games War - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunger Games War Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:38 pm

wills

wills

Ann felt relief when he said it was done for the day. She raked a hand through her hair and tried to calm down. She was going to have to work harder if she wanted to make it through this. However, when he said they needed to talk, she cursed under her breath. She should have expected that. She followed him and slowly sat down across from him. "What...is it?" Drake took him out to the car and carefully set him in the back. "I'm sorry," he muttered under his breath as he closed the door. He felt as if it were his own fault that Dimitri was sick. He got in and drove to the hospital.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum