Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games War

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Here's the topic. Do you want to start?

View user profile

2 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:57 pm

It was bound to happen. Yet, Drake had been hoping that it wouldn't. That it would skip right over their family. It didn't. It was that very day he had an important knock on his door. He let out a long sigh and opened the door. A few heavily guarded soldiers were standing in front of them. Ann stood by her brother's door, peeking in at the soldiers. She always went to check on him because she was worried about him. Her heart picked up in speed when she saw the soldiers. She knew the draft had been coming. She just had hoped it wouldn't have been her family, especially not her brother.

View user profile

3 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Dimitri was lying in his bed. He had been sick for the past while, and he didn't seem to be getting any better. In fact, he seemed worse. He glanced up when he heard a knock at the door, and he looked over at his twin sister. She was always one to keep him company. "Who is it, Annie?" he asked her in a weakened and rough voice. Angel was in the kitchen cooking dinner when she heard the knock at the door. She poked her head out of the kitchen and watched Drake for a moment. She felt her heart sink whens he saw who was at the door. She knew what it meant. It had happened to her neighbors. She was going to lose either her husband or her son.

View user profile

4 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Ann tried to remain calm. This couldn't be happening. She glanced back at her brother and bit back the hysteria. "They are here. Someone has been drafted," she whispered weakly. She felt her stomach twist at the thought. She couldn't lose her father, but it was a lost cause if her brother were drafted. There would be a better chance of her father surviving. Drake clutched the door a little bit tighter. He glanced back at Angel and gave her a timid smile. He knew it was useless. "Drake Sherwood, your son, Dimitri Sherwood, has been drafted for the war," the soldier stated. Drake instsntly protested. "Is there any way I can take his place? Dimitri is unwell. He won't be any help. He is...he is very sick," he stated. But he had a feeling that no matter how much he pleaded for his son, they wouldn't listen. And he was right. "We are sorry, Mr. Sherwood. Dimitri was the one we were sent for."

View user profile

5 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Dimitri couldn't keep his eyes from widening when he heard that they were here. If he went, he would surly die. He couldn't even stand! As he heard his name, he felt his heart sink. He slowly tried to get up, but he groaned in pain. He couldn't move. Angel felt like she couldn't move when she heard her son's name. She raced to Drake's side, and she shook her head. "Please, give us some more time. Dimitri needs to be well. He will die if you send him out. He can't even stand! How do you expect him to fight?" she asked, and she held her husband's hand tightly. She couldn't lose her son. Not to the sickness. Not to the war. She surely couldn't lose her husband.

View user profile

6 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Ann shook her head in disbelief. This couldn't be happening. Not her brother. She gripped the door tightly and bit down on her bottom lip nervously. She couldn't let them take her brother. There was no way. Drake gripped Angel's hand tightly, and he narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. They couldn't take someone unwell to fight. The soldiers paused for a moment. "You have a week. If he is well by then or not, we are taking him," the soldiers stated before handing them a sheet of paper with a notice on it. "He must go to the head quarters within the week," the soldier continued before leaving with his other men.

View user profile

7 Re: Hunger Games War on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Dimitri lied on his bed, coughing for a few moments. He managed to overhear some of the conversation. Enough to know that he had a week to get better or else he was going to war sick. He looked over at his sister and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry this has to be this way," he said. Angel let out a silent sigh of relief when they gave them a week, and she hugged Drake tightly. "What are we going to do? If he wasn't gotten better the past couple of months, how is he going to get better in a week?" she asked, and she looked over at Ann.

View user profile

8 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:04 am

Ann shook her head instantly. There was no way she was letting her brother do this. She didn't care what he thought. "It doesn't have to be this way," she stated. She was going to do everything in her power to make sure that her brother would be okay. Drake held Angel's hand tightly and let out a long sigh. "I honestly don't know," he said after a moment. "Who knows, maybe he will by some miracle." He knew it was unlikely but he wanted to try to be positive.

View user profile

9 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 am

Dimitri glanced over at her when she spoke. "Why do you say that? The only way you could fix things is for Dad to get drafted and take my place. I'm not letting that happen," he said, and he coughed. Angel rested her head on his shoulder, and she tried her best not to cry. She just wanted her family to be okay in the end, but that was getting harder and harder as they days went by and the war dragged on. "I can only hope that a miracle happens," she said quietly, kissing him lightly.

View user profile

10 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 am

Ann stared at her reflection in the mirror. She stared at her hair, which reached to nearly her waist. She bit down on her bottom lip before using her jaw line to follow the edge and cut it into a shorter hairstyle. She continued to tell herself that she would be fine. It was for the better of her family. She styled it into a shaggy look. With the help of makeup, she looked close enough to be a boy. She had stole some of Dimitri's clothes. They were a little big but it would have to do. She pulled on her hoodie and pulled the hood over her head. She ducked out of the bathroom and went to Dimitri's room. Whether he was asleep or not, she was going to say a goodbye. "I will miss you," she whispered. Then she darted out the door with the notice in hand. She hopped into her car and pulled out of the driveway, going straight to the headquarters.

View user profile

11 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:32 am

At the headquarters, the soldiers were waiting for the others to come in with their papers before being shipped off to train. General Aspen Ledger walked in with his military suit on, and he looked down at his listen of men that were supposed to be there in time for the send off. All of the names were checked but one. "Where is Dimitri Sherwood?" he asked, his voice booming with authority. One of the soldiers spoke up. "He was the sick one. It might take him longer to get here," he said, and Aspen rolled his eyes. "For a Sherwood, he is making a very bad first impression."

View user profile

12 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 am

Ann pulled up to the headquarters and let out a heavy sigh. She checked her appearance one more time. She clutched the notice tightly and stared down at her- Dimitri's- name. "I am Dimitri Sherwood," she said, trying to deepen her voice. She cleared her throat and shook her head. "That doesn't sound right," she muttered before trying again. "I am Dimitri Sherwood," she tried again. It sounded reasonable enough. She stared at the necklace she always wore. It was the necklace her father gave her when she was young. He told her it was her grandmother's. She couldn't part with it, so instead, she tucked it into her shirt. She got out and stepped into the building. "I am Dimitri Sherwood," she said, staring right into the general's face.

View user profile

13 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:51 am

Aspen was waiting, looking down at his clock until he heard the words. He looked down at the person who he thought was Dimitri Sherwood. For a guy, he sure did have some feminine physical attributes. He towered over Ann, glared down at her. "First thing you will learn when being in my regiment is to never be late. This is a very bad first impression and a horrible streak to the Sherwood family name," he said quietly before yelling at her. "Now get in line with your other cadets!" He watched them more a moment before he paced in front of them. "The car you will be transported in is out front. Get in and alphabetize yourselves. I think you might be smart enough to do that. Once I look through all your papers, I'll be out," he said before taking Ann's paper.

View user profile

14 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:56 am

Ann's eyes widened at all the yelling. She bit back a snide comment. She had her father's hotheadedness, and she was tempted to reflect that onto this man. But would that be what Dimitri would do? Of course not. She stood a little taller and puffed her chest out like any other guy would do. "Sir, yes, sir," she agreed, hoping her voice didn't sound as squeaky as it felt. She quickly got in line after saluting him. She could feel her pulse rising. This was a bad idea. If she didn't die in war, her father was going to kill her once she got home. She nodded once in understanding at Aspen's words. This was war. She needed to take this more seriously.

View user profile

15 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:02 am

A few minutes later, Aspen walked out of the room and to the car. He got in the small quarters where the soldiers would be. He held on to a bar at the top so he couldn't fall when the truck started moving. "Alright. First things first, I am going to warn you that this training will be hard and extensive, but in a month, I will have you ready to rule the world. If you are to survive, don't complain, don't be late like Cadet Sherwood was, don't you are talk back to me, and don't you are give up. Wimps don't live through wars," he said before staying silent and looking out the window at the things that passed by. It was still hard to believe that he was fighting against his father in all of this.

View user profile

16 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:12 am

Ann instinctively crossed her arms over her chest. Well, Mr. Commander in Charge here was having fun singling her, er Dimitri, out. However, she was more determined now than ever to make it out alive. She wanted to prove something to this guy. She had no real reason to. She shouldn't have to prove anything to him. She placed her hand to the small lump where the necklace was. "I'm not going to let you guys down," she whispered quietly to herself. She was going to make it back. She had to. She could barely pay attention to Aspen. He was giving a pep talk she didn't want to hear, and then there was the fact that he was attractive.

View user profile

17 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 am

After what seemed like forever of hearing the endless stupid conversations of his cadets, he finally came to their training camp. Tents were set up, but that was about the extent of it. He jumped out and waited for the others to come out. When everyone was out, he looked ta them. "Everyone better find your best friend right now. You are going to have to share a tent with someone. Sadly, we do have an odd amount of tents. One person gets one to themselves," he said, and he smirked. "Sherwood, let's see how well you can get up without someone else telling you to," he said, and he moved out of the way. "Find your tent," he said, and the men went running to find them. Aspen chuckled as he watched them. "It would break their little hearts to find out that they are all the same. Except mine."

View user profile

18 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:34 am

Ann mentally sagged with relief. She hadn't been so relieved to have a tent by herself. She would not want to be found out so quickly. They would definitely send her home. "I am not late all the time," she muttered, but then realized her mistake and mentally slapped herself. "Sir," she quickly added under her breath. She would need to start being Dimitri. It wasn't enough to just take his name and say she was him. Her mouth had to go. She watched as the men scattered to go to their tents. She straggled behind. She needed to man up. The phrase was even more ironic when she was supposed to be a man.

View user profile

19 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:42 am

Aspen watched her for a moment or two. She sure was different than the other men that he had. He had a feeling he was going to like this one. When she talked back, he glared at her for a minute. "I have a feeling you will be visiting my tent quiet often," he said with a smirk. He went to his and started to unload everything. After letting his troops settle in, it was time to let them rest. "Cadets! Breakfast will be served at dusk. Be late and you won't eat," he said, this time deciding not to single out Dimitri. He would have fun with that later anyway. he wasn't going to let it go. He found that annoying things that were repetitive did make a statement. "Get some rest. I'll see you all in the morning. We are going for a run," he said.

View user profile

20 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:47 am

Ann smirked slightly and shook her head. "Ann probably wouldn't mind that much, but Dimitri Sherwood would have a stroke if he were in trouble even one time," she muttered under her breath before she stole one last glance at Aspen. She jogged the rest of the way to her tent to get settled in. At the news, she listened carefully. She would have to get used to waking up early. Shoot, her body didn't start moving until she had her cup of coffee. She hoped that that luxury would be there. But she had a sickening feeling that it wouldn't. She curled in her tent to turn in for the night.

View user profile

21 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:53 am

Aspen was up before the sun even rose. He was shirtless but wearing gym pants. He poked his head out of his tent and looked at the others to make sure that they were up and ready. He was especially looking for Sherwood. He smirked lightly before he found her tent, and he poked his head in to see if she was awake. "It's about sunrise, Sherwood," he said before going out and to the cafeteria tent. It wasn't much, but it was food. The food was oatmeal with toast, and the high ranking officials in the camp got coffee since it was quite scare when it came to supplying it for soldiers. Aspen took his own black coffee and began to sip it.

View user profile

22 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 am

Ann groaned and waved her hand in the air. "Dad, five more minutes," she grumbled. Then, five seconds later, it hit her. She shot up and nearly toppled her tent over. She dressed as quickly as she could and took care to stuff her necklace into her shirt before she darted out of her tent. "I'm alive. I'm awake," she said, then cleared her throat. She took her food and glanced over at the coffee longingly. "Cursed General with his snarky commands and....shirtlessness with coffee," she grumbled under her breath as she first eyed the coffee and then eyed Aspen. Seriously, did all guys run around shirtless. Not that she minded.

View user profile

23 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:05 am

Aspen sipped his coffee and ate all of his food rather quickly. He was hungry, and he was planning on getting everything ready for training . He threw away his plate, and he glanced over at Ann who seemed to be staring at him. "Why are you looking at me like that? You have some secret you want to tell everyone?" he asked before handing her his coffee. "If you're not some germaphobe, take the rest of this. You look like you need it," he said before he started to jog to get everything set up. First was running, then next came swords, then came weight lifting.

View user profile

24 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:24 am

Ann was speechless when Aspen singled her out once more. She felt flustered. Had he already figured her out? She was doomed, and it was only the first day. "Uh uhm," she began, unsure of how she would fix this. Luckily, he dropped it and -thankfully- handed her his coffee. "Uh, thanks," she said as she watched him run off. She quickly went to scarf down her food and finished off the coffee. "Annalise Hannah Sherwood, if you were actually a boy, you would so be gay," she whispered under her breath before she got up. Back at home, Drake had just woken up. It was early for him but he just had a bad feeling. He hadn't heard from Ann in a while. He went to her room to check on her. When he didn't see her, he began to panic. He checked Dimitri's room. "Dimitri, have you seen your sister?"

View user profile

25 Re: Hunger Games War on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:31 am

Aspen soon had everything set up, but by then, the sun was coming up. "Okay guys! You know what tie it is! Get rid of your food and meet me over here in one minute. We've got a run to do," he said, and he glanced as he watched his men run around frantically like flies. He couldn't help but laugh at them. Poor guys just didn't even know what he had in store for them. Dimitri was lying on his best once more, still sick and getting worse. He looked up when his father came by, and he shook his head. "No, not yet," he said, and started to cough after he spoke. It took him a few moments to calm down, and he was going to grab the notice that was on his bedside table. "Did you move my notice, Dad?" h asked him.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum