Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 40]

26 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Willow grinned and crossed her ankles. "Uh," she began then glanced at Tyson. Then, in a more sophisticated voice she said, "Of course. Our mother is perfectly fine with it." She then dropped the phone onto Tyson's lap and jumped up. "Have fun with your girlfriend," she murmured, shrugging and stepping out of the room. Tyson rolled his eyes and huffed before he picked up his phone. "Sorry," he said sheepishly, "that was just my sister."

View user profile

27 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Mackenzie smiled as she listened to her. "Okay, I'll be over soon," she said. She smiled lightly when she heard Tyson's voice. She couldn't help but laugh at what he said. "I kind of guess, but I didn't want to say anything. Just tell me your address and I'll be over in a few minutes. I have a friend of mine stalling for me so I should be able to stay a bit longer," she said, and she glanced out the window up to Drake's house once more. She hated it for him so much. no matter what he said, she knew he was lonely.

View user profile

28 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Tyson leaned back on the couch and told her the address. "See you in a few," he said before he hung up and pulled out the meager notes he had. He worked with memory rather than notes anyway. His mother stepped into the room with two cups; when she handed him one, he gave her an odd look. "Lemonade. I heard the conversation, and I can say...your sister is excited," she said with a smirk. He didn't reply. Instead, he took the lemonade gratefully. "Tyson Walker, I wonder how you are even my son. Then I remember you look like me. Act like him," she whispered, standing and heading back into the kitchen.

View user profile

29 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Mackenzie quickly started off toward his house. If she was being serious, she was really worried about going. What if his family didn't like her. She sighed, and she hold herself to calm down. She just needed to act like herself. She soon came to his house, and she grabbed her backpack and the piece of paper before walking to the door and knocking. She glanced down at the ground for a moment or two, trying her best to calm down. Maybe Tyson didn't really like her. She sighed and shook her head before she waited for the door to open.

View user profile

30 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Tyson was about to shoot up to answer the door but his mom somehow ended up beating him to it. Since when was she so interested in answering doors? Oh right, when Tyson had a girl over for the first time...ever. She was playing momma bear. Or maybe she was excited. Whichever it was, she was fast. "Hey. I am Grace, Tyson's mom," she said, offering her a wide smile. She looked really familiar. She looked like someone she had known, one from a long time ago. She just couldn't put a name to the face. "Come in," she said, stepping aside.

View user profile

31 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Mackenzie smiled as the door opened. "It's nice to meet you," she said, and she walked in after a moment. "Oh, I'm sorry. I totally forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mackenzie Crawford," she said, and she looked over at Tyson who seemed a bit embarrassed, but who could really blame him? She would sure be embarrassed if her father did something like that. If? He would. There was no doubt about it. "Thanks for letting me come over," she said, and she walked over to Tyson, sitting down beside him. "Before this, I went to a friend of mine, He is kind of an expect on this subject, so I took a few notes for some extra credit stuff," she said, handing him the paper.

View user profile

32 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Crawford....Crawford...Crawford! The name suddenly came to her, and she knew just who she was and why she looked so familiar. "She looks just like her mother," she whispered under her breath before she shut the door. Louder, she said, "Mackenzie, if you would like some lemonade, help yourself." Then, she headed off to check on Willow. Tyson shook his head and sighed. "Sorry about her," he muttered as he rifled through his notes. He lifted his head as she mentioned her friend and nodded. "Nice," he said, taking the paper and giving it a once over. "My mom has always been interested in history. She told me that she even knew some of the people who were in the revolutions once. She never told me who."

View user profile

33 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Mackenzie smiled when she offered her some lemonade. "Thank you ma'am," she said, and she took a sip of the other cup that was on the table. She gave Tyson a surprised look when she heard him speak about his mother. "Really? I wonder who she knew. I might have discovered something interesting today as well, but it's rather farfetched. Anyway, let's start on this paper. How should we start this paragraph?" she asked him. She began to think of ways that she would start a normal history paper, but she couldn't. Not when she knew the people all too well. "If your mom knows the history really well, maybe she can help us a bit."

View user profile

34 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Tyson took a quick sip of the lemonade and a crooked smile slipped onto his face. "Yeah, she said she even helped a guy out to get a girl. She had, uh, been in the Hunger Games," he said sheepishly, shaking his head. "I guess not the best time to play matchmaker but...," he trailed and shrugged once more. He sometimes wondered about his mom. He knew she hadn't taken it well when his dad died. He refocused and dropped his attention to the paragraph and rubbed his chin. When he mentioned his mother helping, he smirked ever so slightly. "Mom, you can quit lurking and help us if you want," he said, and moments later, Grace once again walked over to them. "I was not lurking, thank you very much. I was simply...going to the kitchen to see what we could have for supper to night," she said defensively. "Which you are free to join us if you would like, Mackenzie."

View user profile

35 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Mackenzie smiled as she listened to him. Now that she thought od it, she never really had her parents how they met or how they got together. It all correlated back to the rebellions and revolutions. How were they able to keep it a secret from her that long? How in the world had she been so blind? "I guess not, but if they stayed together then I guess it was worth it," she said with a small laugh. She glanced back at his mother when she came out, and she tried her best not to laugh. "Oh, I would love to join you for dinner, but m father is...just a bit over loving and hasn't yet grasped the fact yet that I'm sixteen and almost graduating high school," she said with a small laugh. "If I am being honest, he doesn't know I'm here. He'd die if he knew I was with a guy," she said with a laugh as she thought about her father.

View user profile

36 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Tyson nodded in agreement. He again felt a pang. His mother deserved better than what she has. She was a widow with two kids. Well, a kid and him. He was the only male in the household, and he had naturally taken the father position in his sister's life. When Mackenzie spoke about her father, he glanced away. He wanted to make a comment like at least you have a father. But he didn't. Instead, he awkwardly smiled. Besides, he never dealt with overprotective fathers. He never dealt with any fathers at all. Before he could speak, his mother cut in. He had never been so glad to be interrupted. "So, what can I help you two with?" Grace asked.

View user profile

37 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 pm

Mackenzie glanced down at Tyson when she was finished talking about her father, and she noticed that he seemed after annoyed. She would make note not to mention him. She could only guess that he didn't have a father since she hadn't seen one around and he looked pretty mad. "Well, we were wondering if you could help us start it please. If we can just get a good start then we can take it from there," she said, and she glanced down at the paper, not really wanting to look at Tyson again. She was a bit worried that he would have the same annoyed face with her. She glanced down at her phone when it buzzed. Of course it was her father asking her if she was okay and what she was doing over at Drake's house. "I'm so sorry. I have got to reply to this," she said, and she quickly pulled out her phone. I'm fine. I'm just keeping him company and he is helping me with a bit of my homework she texted.

View user profile

38 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 am

Grace crossed her ankles and pondered a moment before smiling. "Maybe start by reflecting on what is different now than before the revolutions and the Sherwood War. After that, go into talking about each event. I hope that helps," she murmured before she stood. "If you need anything else, I will be in my room." With that, she left the room. Tyson had managed to calm down eventually. He still had issues with the loss of his father. His mother thought it may have been someone else she knew. That sent chills down his spine. Not for himself, for his mom and sister. Their safety meant the world to him. "I guess we should start then."

View user profile

39 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:27 am

Mackenzie looked up at his mother as she spoke, and she nodded quietly. Maybe it was best if she kept her mouth shut. Then she couldn't say anything stupid to make him mad. Maybe this was all just a bad idea. She really shouldn't have agreed. "Okay, thank you ma'am," she said, and she glanced down at the paper as she walked away. She kept silent for a moment before she spoke, not looking up at him. "Maybe you should tell me what you know about the Sherwood War. The man who I talked to, it's sort of a hard subject for him," she said, and he kept her gaze to the paper. This wasn't going to end well. She was so stupid when it came to guys.

View user profile

40 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Tyson took a long sip of his lemonade before bringing his gaze down to the sheet of paper with his notes. Deeming he didn't need them, he turned to her and recounted it from memory. "Many think it started when President Sherwood was said to be dead, but it actually started when President Sherwood," he began, "was shot during his election speech." He clasped his hands together thoughtfully. "There were plenty of radicals who attacked the Capital, the new rebels, because they didn't think President Sherwood was responsible enough for the position. He was only sixteen. So, that is like me being president." He chuckled and shook his head. "Anyway, tensions grew. Then there was the outbreak. My mother didn't go into detail. She lost her mother and brother in the plague that went around. She was immune. Word got out that it was a plan the rebels had set up to wipe out the Capital. It didn't work," he continued. "The War was a long, hard. Drake Sherwood lost his wife due to his father, Victor Sherwood. I haven't heard much else about him now or the effects of what happened to him," he whispered, shaking his head. "Anyway, that is about as much as I know. Whatever my mom knew, she told me." A crooked smile slipped onto his face, one he always used. He rarely smiled fully. He muttered sheepishly, "I have always had a love for history. But I like to learn it on my own. Not at school."

View user profile

41 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Mackenzie listened to him as he spoke, and she nodded lightly. It honestly sounded horrible. It was hard to Dimitri that Dimitri Sherwood had to go through all of that. The guy who paid her to babysit his kids. "It sounds horrible," she said. She remembered learning about President Sherwood, but she thought that it was just a coincidence. "I could understand why they would be so hesitant to have him a president, but if he was elected then that means they had trust in him. Besides, Dimitri is a nice guy," she said, and she glanced at the ground when she realized what she had said. She pretty much said that she was a direct connection to the Sherwood family. She wasn't sure if that was something to keep secret or not. She continued to listen to him, and she tried to keep her eyes from widening when she heard about Angel. She knew very little about her since no one would talk about her, but what she had heard, she could tell that Angel Sherwood was an amazing woman. "Who else was killed during the Sherwood War? People close to Drake Sherwood," she said. Maybe he could explain why Drake never left his house and stayed distant.

View user profile

42 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Tyson arched a brow as she commented on Dimitri. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before he shrugged. "I guess. I never met him personally. I haven't even met any of Drake's family," he said, frowning as he clasped his hands. He then considered it as she asked who else could have been killed. "Well, there was Damon Matthews. He was a close friend of Drake's. The two went way back. Then there was Livia. I haven't heard much about her," he continued, then paused. "Rumor has it he had thought his sister had been killed long before the revolutions. But that wasn't during the Sherwood War, and it turned out to be untrue," he continued. Another pause. "I also have heard his mother had been killed."

View user profile

43 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Mackenzie managed a small sigh of relief when he didn't ask about her knowing any of them. She wouldn't really know what to say. As he continued on with ho all died, she cast her gaze to the ground. When the name Livia popped up, she looked away. She was the aunt that she had met countless times, but she never remembered her since she only saw her when she was a toddler. She couldn't remember anything about her. As he continued on, her eyes widened. So that was why Drake insisted on being alone. He had lost so many people. It just wasn't fair to him. Drake was a great man, and he deserved a long and loving family. "When was his mother killed?" she asked him. She just couldn't understand why someone would want to hurt someone like Drake.

View user profile

44 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Tyson twiddled his thumbs before he took a pencil and rolled it between his hands. It hesitated a moment before he replied. "I don't know when, exactly. I never asked, and I am sure that even Drake might not know, much less his family. She had been distant from them for a while," he answered, shaking his head. "So, I guess we should get to writing," he suggested. All this talk about family was bumming him out. His little family meant the world to him; but, he wanted his father to be back. It wasn't fair. Not for him, or his mom, or Willow. But he was...gone.

View user profile

45 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Mackenzie glanced at the ground, and this time she couldn't keep in the sigh she wanted to. She hated this all for Drake. He didn't deserve anything that was happening to him. He was one of the nicest people that she had ever met. She closed her eyes before she nodded in agreement. "Yeah, let's start. Sorry for asking all of the questions," she told him. She knew that he probably wanted to get off of the subject too, and she probably annoyed him too. She didn't want to be such a jerk. "So, are you ready?" she asked, finally looking up at him. She was afraid to before since he meted agitated with her.

View user profile

46 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:46 pm

"Yeah, I am ready," Tyson agreed, leaning forward and scrawling his name on the top. Then, he handed off the pencil to Mackenzie so she could write her own name. Not a moment too soon, two arms wrapped around his neck. He didn't have to turn around to know it was his sister. "Hey Tyson, can you help me with my-" she paused when she saw Mackenzie. "Oh, so you were the friend that was coming over," she said, grinning. "Or are you his-" she started. On that note, however, Tyson leaned over and started tickling her so she would shut up. His mom already embarrassed him enough. A giggling Willow twisted out of his grip and muttered, "Fineeeee. I will shut up." But she planted herself beside him on the couch. She wasn't planning on leaving. Shaking his head, Tyson turned back to the paper. "Want me to write, or do you want to?"

View user profile

47 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Mackenzie began to write her name at the top, but then she stopped when she heard someone speak. She managed a small smile. "Um, yeah. I'm his friend." Her face went red as his sister suggested something else. She would never date this guy! He probably wouldn't want tot date her either. She listened to them bicker before she answered his question. "I will," she said, and she took the pencil and the paper, waiting for him to tell her what all to write. She was a bit worried about him getting all mad again, so she planned on keeping her mouth shut.

View user profile

48 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Tyson rubbed his chin and stated, "All right, I guess we could do what my mom suggested and start with how everything has changed. There are no games anymore. The districts are more equal when it comes to money and supplies." He names off a few differences, like the advancement of cars when there used to be trains. Cell phones instead of wall phones. The list could go on. He didn't know when, but Willow spoke up eventually. "Do you have a dad? What is he like?" she asked, tilting her head. Tyson didn't speak, nor did he try to seem effected by it. It was always just a tough subject for him to even think about.

View user profile

49 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:01 pm

Mackenzie nodded as he spoke, and she started to write down all of the things She tried to imagine what it would have been like to live during that time. Well, she technically did, but she was a little baby. She wouldn't remember any of it. She was in the middle of writing when Willow spoke up. She knew that Tyson wouldn't want to talk about it. "I don't think now is a very good time. This paper is very important, and we need to get it finished before I have to leave, but maybe I can come by some other time and tell you. You will just have to be patient," she said, and she looked up at Tyson, offering him a small smile. She wanted him to be okay and know that she knew that he was uncomfortable.

View user profile

50 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Willow shrugged and murmured, "Okay!" She then stood and decided to go off and do her own thing. Once she was gone, Tyson sighed. "She doesn't know," he said shaking his head. "She is convinced he is only gone for a little while, and that he will come back. I haven't got the heart to tell her the truth." He then leaned forward and offered her a hesitant smile. "Look, I know I seem like a real jerk, and I want you to know that I am a pretty okay guy. This has been awkward for the both of us. Could I make it up to you?" This was Tyson's way, being as inexperienced as he was, of offering her on a date.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum