Lifeclan And Deathclan

Lifeclan is a clan built on the vast meadows and forest of the place these cats call home. It is a lush clan with many cats and many good times. The clan rules well with the warrior code to tank for that, as every cat follows it. They are not like the oth

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hunger Games 2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Mackenzie gave Drake a smile, and she hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much Drake. I have no idea what I would do without you," she said, and she nodded at his suggestion. She needed some rest and some time to think about everything. She got up, and she walked to the bathroom, wiping off her makeup. She closed her eyes and sighed. She didn't want to go to school and face Tyson. "Can I stay here tomorrow?" she asked Drake.

View user profile

102 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Drake was rifling through his scrapbook once more. Why did he continue to torture himself with this? He brought his gaze up to Mackenzie as she came out from the bathroom. "Stay as long as you want," he replied softly, closing the scrapbook again and lying it on the coffee table. "There are two guest bedrooms. One used to be Ann's. The other Dimitri's," he told her.

View user profile

103 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Mackenzie smiled lightly when he spoke, and she walked over to him. "Thank you so much," she said. She took a glance at the scrapbook. She was a bit curious about what was in it. Why was Drake looking at it all of the time. She could guess why, but she wanted to know for herself. She was about to reach for it, but she knew better. She looked over at Drake. "May I?" she asked him with a small smile.

View user profile

104 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Drake was heading for the phone when he head Mackenzie speak. "Go ahead," he said after a moment, standing by the phone a moment and giving her a nod. He then pulled the phone off the hook and dialed Dustin and Jaycee's number. He hesitated as he spoke once more. "Those first ones are the only pictures I have left of her," he murmured. He didn't elaborate. But he was sure she knew exactly who he was talking about.

View user profile

105 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Mackenzie smiled when he let her, and she opened up to the first page. She managed a smile when he spoke. She knew very well what he was talking about. She looked through the few pictures he had of Angel. She was very beautiful. Stunning to say the least. Drake was lucky to have had her. Dustin was sitting on the couch, looking at the ground when he heard the phone ring. He sighed, and he grabbed the phone. "What?" he answered gruffly.

View user profile

106 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Drake didn't even flinch. He leaned against the counter and ran his fingers along the edge of it. "I just wanted to let you know that Mackenzie will be staying over here," he said calmly. Then, in a lower voice, he whispered, "Don't be too hard on her. She is a teenager. You can't shelter her forever, Dustin. Believe me, I tried with Ann. And you know how stubborn she was." He sighed and ran a hand lightly through his hair. "Just try to loosen up. I have seen the kid, and he was nice. Didn't seem to have a bad bone in his body."

View user profile

107 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Dustin sighed, and he looked down at the ground. he would never admit it, but he knew that Drake was right. "She is so stubborn. She reminds me of Livia more and more each day," he said. He missed her, and he knew that Jaycee did a lot too. "I know, but I'm just scared that things are going to happen again. I don't want her daughter up with that boy. I wouldn't really be fine with it, but then I found out who is father is," he said, and he paused for a moment. "He's David Walker's son," he said, and he bit his lip.

View user profile

108 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 12:08 am

Drake stared at the wall far off as he listened to Dustin. As he mentioned Livia, he tried not to flinch. Livia only reminded him of Angel. They had both died around the same time. He paused when he heard Dustin's reply. He let out a long sigh. "I made the mistake of judging a child because of his parents. Dustin, just because he is the father, doesn't mean he is just like him. Do you know anything about his family? Who is his mother?" he asked, furrowing his brows. He understood why Dustin didn't want Mackenzie around him, but he couldn't shelter her forever. It was hopeless to try.

View user profile

109 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 2:36 am

Dustin sighed, and he shook his head. He knew that Drake was right, but he just couldn't let that slide. "I know, I know. His mother...his mother was on our side during the games," he said quietly. He just couldn't understand why Grace would go for David after everything. "Drake, I know that you are right, and I know that I should give this boy a chance, but I just have a bad feeling about him. I feel like there is something missing. Something huge. I just don't know what," he said, and at least that part was true. There was something more to this kid.

View user profile

110 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 am

Drake sighed and stared up at the ceiling. "Look," he began rather slowly. "If someone excluded me because of my family, I would feel pretty lousy about it," he stated. He then addressed the matter of what was missing. "Even if there is something missing about him, you shouldn't do a background check about him," he said calmly. He glanced at the time and sighed. "Just think over it. Give the kid a chance. Don't knock it before you try it," he said. He held back a yawn and wiped a hand over his eyes. "I will let you go. Bye Dustin." He then hung up.

View user profile

111 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 am

Dustin sighed, and he looked at the ground as Drake spoke. No matter what he said, he still had a funny feeling about this guy that she was with. And there was no way that Mackenzie was going to tell him anything. He stayed silent as Drake hung up the phone, and he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. Mackenzie flipped through the book, and she smiled lightly at the pictures of Dimitri and Ann as babies. "They sure were cute," she said with a small laugh. She wasn't going to mention anything about Angel since she didn't want Drake in a bad mood. He deserved so much better than to live alone.

View user profile

112 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:41 am

Drake moved from where he stood by the phone over to the couch. He glanced at the pictures and smiled slightly. The pictures of them as children always made him sad but in a happy way. "Yeah, they were," he agreed with a long sigh. Even then, Ann looked so much like Angel. He sat down beside Mackenzie and studied the pictures he had seen over a hundred times. "I miss them more and more each day." He missed his little family. He missed them all.

View user profile

113 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 am

Mackenzie looked through the pages, and she glanced up at Drake as he sat down beside her. "I can see why. It's hard to look at these and then remind yourself that they are grown ups," she said, and she smiled softly at Drake's words. She hugged him lightly, and she smiled. "I still have a few more years," she told him with a small laugh. Drake was like a father to her, especially in times like those. She needed a father figure when hers didn't like her. "Do you think Dad will ever let me have a boyfriend?" she asked with a small sigh.

View user profile

114 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 9:32 am

Drake sighed as he stated at the pictures. He wished he could rewind time, and he wished to have things the way they were before. What Mackenzie said made him smile ever so slightly. "Yeah, then you will be gone too," he said with a long sigh. Her question made him pause to consider it. "Maybe one day. He can't keep you his little girl forever," he answered finally. "And even if he didn't want you to, you would probably do what you wanted anyway. I learned that from Ann." Tyson slammed the door the moment he got home. His mom was surprisingly not waiting for him. But Dayton was. "Bad time?" he asked, puffing on one of his many stupid cigarettes. "No it was amazing until her father came into the picture," Tyson said acidly. Then he asked for something he normally wouldn't. "Give me a cigarette," he snapped. "No can do bud," Dayton replied, standing. "Last one. But if you need something from me, let me fake date her. If her father doesn't like you, well...he will hate me. He would have to give you a chance then." A smirk slipped onto his face. Before Tyson could decline, Dayton was heading for the door. "Great. Tell your little girlfriend I will be picking her up at seven next Friday."

View user profile

115 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Mackenzie gave Drake a small smile, and she hugged him. "But I'll always come back. You can never really get rid of me," she told him with a laugh, and she kissed his cheek. "You are the best," she said with a smile. As he answered her question, she let out a small sigh of relief. "I can't wait until then. He just needs to learn that I'm almost an adult, and I'm pretty sure I can chose a good guy for myself," she said, and she looked up at Drake. She could only imagine what he was like with Aspen. "Were you as bad as dad when it came to Aspen?" she asked him.

View user profile

116 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Drake rolled his eyes and chuckles along with her. "That's good to hear," he said with a long sigh. He gave her a half hug and thought of his children. He never saw them enough. He understood they were adults now, and time wasn't the first thing on their list of priorities. But he still wanted to see them. "Maybe he will. Do you think if I talked to him, and okayed that he was a good guy, would change anything?" he asked, arching a brow. He then chuckled as she mentioned Aspen. He thought back and sighed. "I wanted to strangle the kid," he began. "But I had more of a reason to. At the beginning, he had been out to kill her."

View user profile

117 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Mackenzie thought about what Drake said, and after a few moments, she answered. "Maybe, but only if you told him that you dug in his family tree to at least his great great grandparents," she told him with a small smirk. Her father was just so weird when it came to things like that. When he talked about Ann and Aspen, her eyes widened. She had never heard that before. "What! Why? How?" she asked, leaning in. Her eyes were wide. She had to know the story! This was too important to just skip out on. This was huge!

View user profile

118 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Drake nodded thoughtfully and sighed. He would help the best he could but he hoped Dustin would come to terms with it himself. It would save time and effort. He chuckled softly at her spark of interest and thought back. It had been so long ago. Yet, it still felt as if it could have been yesterday. "She was in the Games. When she had been called, I could have sworn I wanted to kill everyone and run away with Ann," he stated, shaking his head. "I felt like a failure. I wanted my kids to avoid what I had to go through. But instead, she was drawn. So she went." He closed his eyes and rubbed them. "The first day in the arena, Aspen attacked her. I could tell he had a strategy, even when he asked Ann to join up with him. In the arena, they fell in love. I wished I could have done something to save my daughter. I didn't want her to be with someone who was out to kill her." He sighed and brought his gave up to the ceiling. "Evidently he had a change of heart, and he loved Ann. But the moment he was picked up by my helicopter, I wanted to kill him. And I would have too, if she hadn't been taken by the Capital. He was the only one who could help me find her."

View user profile

119 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Mackenzie listened intently. This was like some story from a fiction book. There was no way that all of this was true! She listened to Drake, and she gave him a half smile. "Now I think I understand why you don't like Aspen. Is there any other contributing factors?" she asked him with a laugh. She wondered why Aspen would even think of harming Ann. "And why did he do it? Aspen and Ann seem like the happiest couple in the world. It sounds like this is some fictional story. There is no way that Aspen did that. Sure, the guy has a short fuse, but he's not a killer," she said, but then again, this week for her had been full of surprises.

View user profile

120 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Drake ran a hand through his hair and thought about all the things he knew about Aspen. No matter how much he liked or didn't like the kid, he knew he truly cared for Ann. "His father raised him, trained him, to be a killer. Or, his supposed father," he began, rubbing his chin. "It was all a ruse, a piece of the game. Ann was meant to be drawn from the start, and so was Aspen." He shook his head, attempting to rid off of the memories.

View user profile

121 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Mackenzie continued to listen to Drake intently. Her eyes widened as she heard what happened to Aspen. "That's horrible!" she said, and she thought of the man that she knew. She knew the kind but somewhat bitter man that she had grown up with. She could see that he was a nice person, but traces of his past still lingered. "I guess I sort of understand things better now," she said. She bit her lip. "How did my parents meet?" she asked.

View user profile

122 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Drake arched a brow at her next question and leaned over to close the scrapbook. "Well, they met because of your Uncle Brandon and Aunt Livia," he began slowly, leaning back. "But their relationship started when they were in the games. Your mother, she had fallen for a boy named David. He was only out to kill Dustin...I mean your father," he began, rubbing his chin. "A girl named Grace helped by pretending to like your father to make your mother jealous. It worked, especially after your mother found out David's true intentions. And then your parents fell in love."

View user profile

123 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Mackenzie paid attention to Drake as he spoke about her parents. As he mentioned Grace, she started to get curious. Grace was the name of Tyson's mom, and Grace said that she knew her parents. Could that be the Grace he was talking about. She would have to research and find out. After he finished the story, she smiled and hugged him. "Thank you, Drake. You are so great," she said with a smile.

View user profile

124 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:10 pm

{should we timeskip?

View user profile

125 Re: Hunger Games 2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:15 pm

{Yeah, when to?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum